Gloom Leaf Cleanse

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Using Gloom Leafs skill while it is entangled will remove the status effect and buff Gloom Leaf as if it was not entangled. Since the description does not say anything about cleansing I assume this is unintentional.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Using Gloom Leafs skill while it is entangled.

1 Like

Interesting, this could be a feature!

This does not only happen with Gloom Leaf. Seems that in the current build, increasing the attack value of an entangled troop will remove entangled.
It is preferable to the old situation, where an entangled troop would not gain the increase.

Please ensure you open a support ticket

I think the devs are aware of this one and consider it to be legit - applying an Attack buff will cure the Entangle early.

i really hope it’s NOT legit, that makes entangle even less powerful…

That’s correct behavior now.
Our buff system simply had too many issues when trying to resolve (& display) attack buffs to entangled troops, so any attack buff now cleanses an entangle (I believe that was in the 1.0.6 patch notes somewhere)

1 Like

Ah, Lord @Sirrian you are still alive!

But you don’t have a cool title like mine :stuck_out_tongue:

For the irony value I’d go with Sirian the Titleless

What about Cauldron? I just used it on my hero but he was still entangled.

Sounds like a bug… maybe the ‘double attack’ doesn’t process the same as the ‘add X to attack’ and so doesn’t trigger the code to remove entangle…

Likely it doesn’t. In fact it likely didn’t increase even after the entangle wore off.

Funny thing about entangle, it counts as the troop having 0 Attack until the effect wears off. When attack’s boosted by a pre-calculated number, it removes the effect and then applies the number.

While spells that alter attack with a percentage will calculate from 0, equaling 0. Hard to say if this is a bug or not.

Because of this, you also can’t steal attack from entangled targets. Which makes some sense.

2 x 0 = 0… :expressionless:

Thanks, I never thought of it that way.

Still think it’s a bug…

…and to be honest, think that Attack buffs shouldn’t clear Entangle anyway - just add the buff when the Entangle wears off - but I understand the code currently cannot cope with that…

Do the devs have a view to air? @Sirrian @Nimhain?

I believe when you used it on an entangle troop, his Attack was 0 so 0 doubled is 0. Your troop didn’t gain any Attack, which is why it didn’t cleanse.

This is off the top of my head, I’ll double check with Sirrian later.