Entangled unit will not gain the attack boost after a devoured troop

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client
Windows 7

Screenshot or image:
Provided.
Imgur

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When the Kerberos troop devoured my troop (Forest Guardian) while being entangled, I expected to see an increased attack after the entanglement (0 attack) effect will expire. However, the troop still had original 16 attack instead of 38 more attack, which is 54 attack in total.

NOTE: (related issue)
If your Hero gets entangled (0 attack) when he uses the Mang weapon, his attack won’t be added after the effect wears off. This is also related to the same issue, and a bug.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. It’s an old issue.

Steps to make it happen again:

• Play Explore mode (Select the following troops: look at the screenshot)
  • Match purple to entangle a unit and hope that the enemy unit will devour one of your troops.
  • After the entanglement effect will expire, the attack of your devoured unit will not be increased (bug)

Not a bug, working as intended. Entangle = no attack and no attack gains.

4 Likes

Same apply to 1 millions of other things then, Mang (and any other weapon that increase attack), any troop that raise attack if casted on a entangled troop, traits that give +x attack on 4/5 matches, etc etc.

Basically if you’re entangled you cant get more attack by any means, as you said is an ancient “bug” and i doubt it will ever get “fixed” (more likely is “working as intended”).

It’s been discussed a lot of times, it’s how it works. If you are entangled you can’t gain or lose attack, if you are webbed you can’t gain or lose magic

2 Likes

I see. Interesting. Then it’s not a bug. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

The above answers are correct, but here’s a bit of game history. When entangle was first introduced, attack gain would cleanse the status and then apply the boost. So you could deal with Sylvanimora by keeping Luther around. (I did enjoy the first way of doing things, since it was neat to have additional ways of dealing with entangle beyond just “cleanse effect” or “wait”. Now that Scorpius/Champion of Anu/etc. exist, it’s not as sustainable—the bonus stat every turn would negate entangle and make it impossible to keep the effect applied.)

2 Likes