Getting PvP Alerts when deactivated

Platform, device version and operating system:

Android, Galaxy S5

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

I have deselected alerts for PvP rewards, but I am still getting notifications.

I have tried going in, switching the alerts on, exiting the game, then going back in, deselecting them and exiting once more, but they are still happening which is annoying.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

It’s been happening this morning (eg around 11am GMT)

Steps to make it happen again

Just wait, there’ll be another one along soon…

Here’s a couple of screen shots. Note that PvP and PvP Rewards are not selected…

Hey thanks for letting us know about this! I’ve made a bug report.

In the meantime it seems like enabling PVP alerts, then disabling “PVP Rewards” THEN disabling “PVP” will turn the alerts off.

You may need to exit the game for the change to take effect (I haven’t tried not exiting yet).

Please let me know how you go after doing that.

1 Like

I tried that, but I’m still getting them.

I’ve just gone for the Nuclear Option of deactivating all the Alerts, quitting and uninstalling, then reinstalling to see if that fixes things.

Well I tried deactivating Alerts and re-installing, but it’s made damn all difference.

Even though I’ve only got General Alerts / Kingdom Income ticked, I’m still getting Pet Rescue and Guild Chat alerts as well as PvP Defence Rewards.

Was that after disabling all Guild alerts?

We have a bug report for the PVP alerts and the team are investigating.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, I disabled everything, quit out, uninstalled, re-installed and then selected only Income, but I’m still getting Alerts I don’t want.

Is this still happening @Rockwell?

It’s certainly slowed down, but I did get PvP and Pet Rescue Alerts recently (even though deactivated), although I can’t tell you exactly when.

I’ll update this if I get any more.

OK, the team are still investigating this one. We have an internal report on the issue with them, I will update known issues with a resolution or more information as I learn more.

This should be resolved now! please restart your game!

1 Like

Well it’s been a week and it seems to be working ok (at least I’m only getting notifications for Tribute and not anything else), so thanks!

Of course it would be nice if we could select a specific Notification sound on Android instead of it using the default… :wink: