(4.2.5) PvP alerts triggering despite being off

First off, it should be noted that I’m not ranting nor raving about these notification bugs. Cause I do understand that mistakes happen and not every issue can be caught prior to release. Some things… really have no excuse though. That being said…

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android S9+

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
During 4.1 pvp alerts were made a thing. I turned them off and hadn’t gotten one until 4.2 came out.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Randomly. It’s triggering even when I don’t have PvP rewards to claim which I think is a separate issue.

Steps to make it happen again
I’ve done a hard restart already.
Per @Kafka’s advice I’ve turned them on and then back off. Since then I’ve received 2 alerts for PvP.

3 Likes

Can confirm. I’m having this exact issue. I also did not receive a single one between turning them off and the 4.2 update.

1 Like

The team were fixing some issues with notifications not sending (in your other report AW) and you may have received a flurry of notifications for a while as the fix went out. After a restart please let us know if this keeps happening.

1 Like

It’s still happening.

We’re investigating it and will hopefully have a fix soon. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

2 Likes

Just to be clear @awryan - I didn’t realise this was a separate issue, so thanks for bumping this! No new news at this stage

1 Like

You’re going to ruin my Christmas if this isn’t resolved by CoB tomorrow. No pressure though. :grinning:

This isn’t an easy work around bug. If I turn off all notifications then I can’t get pet or tribute alert. Due to 4.2 I got rid of the channel that used to alert me on discord for pet rescues. I can go back to using me phones clock for tribute notifications.

The worst part about the PvP alert is NO ONE even wants them.

It looks like this should be fixed for 4.2.5 but we need to test and confirm (at a later point).

Ugh… Thanks I guess…
I hope others are enjoying the QoL update more than I am. It’s had the adverse effect for me. Oh well. :person_shrugging:

1 Like