Gems of Streaming

If i member right they had three at the start of stream. used one had two left. went back to the delve she started the day before. they still had two delve tokens left. i think

Edit… that delve would have used a token from the day before. so not four tokens in a day.

How do you know it was a delve map from the day before? You just said that she had 3 then used 1 and had 2 left over.

They played all seeing eye delve first cost a token. then went to one in HOG. i thought they said salty started that one the day before

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe they changed how that works. The one time I forgot I had a delve left unplayed, it was gone the next day. I’ll have to leave one open tonight and see if it’s still open tomorrow.

1 Like

You would have to start the delve before reset. so the token is spent. just dont finish the delve battles

Edit im rewatching that part of the stream

2 Likes

That’s my personal working assumption at the moment, but as shops are never enabled on beta, that wasn’t testable.

As mentioned in the last post, opportunity costs are about to be come back into the game with a vengence. Another core aspect will be player agency in the Underworld. Agency is one of the core aspects on why players are locked to 3 Delve Scrolls per day, which do not carry over from day to day.

The first “shock” players will realize is that Delve Scrolls are the only way to advance anything in the Underworld. Unlike the Overworld, as shown on the atream, everything is gated behind delving.

– Need Faction troops?: Delve for Chaos Shards.
– Need to earn additional renoun? Complete higher level delves.
– Need to boost a Faction’s treasure hoard? Delve for Chaos Shards.

And so on and so forth.

That means that players get exactly THREE chances to make progress in the Underworld per day and that’s it. Period. Full Stop. The End. FIN.

Unlike in the Overworld, there is no grinding Explores/PvP/etc until troops are traited, trophies are won, LTs are donated to, and so on. Players will learn very quickly that once out of Delve Scrolls for the day, they can not progress in any further in the Underworld until the next game day.

So, logically, players will then want to maximize the gains achieved with the limited three opportunities per day that they have in the Underworld.

And that, is where opportunity costs start to play a huge role for players in developing the Underworld.

3 Likes

Yeah, i know this concept in more aggressive ways, like every single thing you do in some games is gated/limited. In GoW so far we had it mostly the easy way.

2 Likes

Limiting the number of opportunities to advance in the Underworld per day isn’t really a bad thing, to be honest.

For example, last week’s snotstone event was to kill 300 Yellow mana troops in Explore. Breaking out the Sunbird suicide team to speed farm Normal difficulty isn’t really playing the game. It’s mindless grinding.

By intentionally restricting the player’s actions to a few per day, the player is forced to make meaningful decisions about their gameplay and not just mindlessly grind the path of least resistance.

My personal (sure to be non-popular) opinion is that the delve scroll restriction is a good thing to introduce to the game.

4 Likes

Just to clear up some confusion:

• Treasure Hordes do not get reset, but progress is independent between factions.
  • Delves in progress do not get reset at daily reset, they remain in progress until you finish it (either via defeating the boss or losing all your troops) or Run Away.
  • In 4.0 there is currently no way to obtain more than 3 Delve Scrolls a day. (Note this does not apply to Delve Events which work more in line with other current events)
  • You can only have 1 Delve in progress per faction at a time.
  • Live events are excepted from this, so if you have a All Seeing Eye normal delve in progress, and an event starts for that faction, you can delve as normal in the event without completing or affecting your normal delve)
  • Delve Scrolls are on a global basis, you get 3 per day in total, not per faction.
  • Scrolls are consumed when a Delve starts, so in progress delves from a previous day will not affect your scrolls on any subsequent days.
  • One small QoL change we didn’t show on stream: When you’re about to consume a sigil or a scroll, the icon for it is on the button you need to press. Eg all of the events (Invasion, Raid Boss etc) will have a sigil on the Fight buttons, and Delves have the delve scroll icon on the delve level selection screen.

We have a lot of help center content written that explains 4.0 in depth and the new features. This will be released at least 24 hours before we expect 4.0 to go live. I will post this and alert you all and you can pour over the information then. :slight_smile: This will also go out with the new help center. :gem:

Thanks to @Ozball for helping with some of the clarifications here

20 Likes

But the faction event will probably work like the other event? I mean you will probably be able to buy more delves?

1 Like

So, if you start 3 delves in 3 different factions and leave them unfinished, you can just wait until the next day and get 3 extra delve tokens?

1 Like

I think’s it’s what she mean but i don’t see the point to do it?

Unless you really got no time to play

1 Like

The point would be that let’s say the person doesn’t have time to play today. So, they just open a delve in each faction and leave them unfinished. Then, the next day, they can finish the previous 3 and still have 3 new tokens from the current day to use.

7 Likes

Yes! You can effectively have at least once Delve in each Faction in progress when daily reset or weekly reset occurs and still be able to earn additional tokens without that in-progress Delve resetting.

So with the two factions that exist for release (Hall of Guardians and All Seeing Eye) you can have 5 Delves a day if you roll over with 3.

6 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly what i posted before.

That i expected, i was in doubt about the possibility of buying extra scroll on normal days.

1 Like

Well you guys need to release a third faction then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds like a confirmation to me.

1 Like

There are more Factions planned @Rickygervais . 4.0 is only releasing with 2.

1 Like

So you were talking about storm i guess it wîll happen :slight_smile:

They will next month. And roughly every month thereafter.

2 Likes