Gems of Streaming

Not much to summarize today and my brain is barely working anyway, but I try.
If I understood something wrong or forgot, lemme know. Too tired to comprehend English.

• Shocktopus will be sent out ASAP, but no certain date yet.
  • (Subjective opinion is subjective) Voice of Orpheus is honestly underwhelming. Damage without the rest of your team high to full with Mana was very underwhelming (something between 20-30 for 22 Mana cost). Since you don’t sit around with three spells loaded up very often, use is difficult outside of the cleansing. I personally am underwhelmed, though Faerie Fire might give him a very good use for his cleansing ability. Still, the Mana-giving isn’t worth the spell-cost (Ysabelle does it for cheaper), so unless you like sitting on spells, he’s likely not the top choice mythic of your dreams in terms of damage. Super-hard to use outside of his utility, where a Titania will be able to serve better or a Mab already does. With higher Mana on the rest of the team (one was dead, but one other had a full spell) he did 53 damage or so. My conclusion: Not a damage-dealer (too depedent on the rest of the team, useless when the only one left), not a real Mana-giver (way too expensive spell for that), cleansing is good but right now not worth the slot. He has no fixed role and that’s not super-great. Would be better if he would also enchant allies, but nope. Honestly Ysabelle seems better and can even give more Mana. Pretty shocking. (End of subjective opinion.)
  • Cyrup really likes dragons.
  • Design-a-troop contest will return, but no certain date yet. It’s a lot of work for Salty, we need to be patient.
  • They have future troops for around 8 months in store already.
11 Likes

I think Orpheus will be really useful against Bright Forest and faerie fire teams. I personally love him, and would like to experiment with him and Famine on a defense team together.

I do see FF as a very high threat, so he will hopefully get a good use. I just was sad because I had hopes that he and Ysabelle would give a lot of Mana when working together, but it was still not enough to be noteworthy (and she gives as much as him, basically - 3-8 is an average of 5,5 or so). And just for his cleansing… I dunno, there might be a better candidate for last slot. He was pretty okay with Worldbreaker, but I feel that he does need an exploder to work in the first place because of the spellcost.

Still, he’s the Leonis mythic, I love everything Leonis, I will aim for him. Because I’m excited about his lore, because i love Manticores and I bet if they are worshipped as singing Orpheus’ songs, he has like ten as pets and I just love Leonis lore. And he’s pretty hot (but not as hot as Khorvash :stuck_out_tongue: ). Good enough reasons. But stillllll… I thought he would be much better.

We uh, really got into the Orpheus jokes today. He would definitely be the hipster at a party playing Wonderwall over and over again on his acoustic guitar. (Or won’t stop talking about philosophy and the next EP he wants to release.)

Also, I don’t think I have ever beaten someone from AW Ryan on stream. My time will come!

2 Likes

Even if that battle would have been a win, it would have been Cyrup’s win. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t like him i hope i will get it for collection but i doubt i will use him he doesn’t fit my play style

I agree. Even if queen ysabelle did not exist, he would still be ok at best. He almost cleanses too much as his damage is simply too bad. Famine has a 2x boost and drains the entire enemy team often one shotting when the team was full. Voice does little mana gain and if I was holding my team’s spells back, it would be for a drainer like famine or an aoe. Barrier is too common among mythics now as are exploders. If he drained half the enemy team’s mana or better yet added silence, then he could be good. I like his traits, but that spell has got to be buffed somehow.

3 Likes

i shall call him the orifice troop :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe if you allow one troop defenses to be used again. Otherwise, the odds are against you. :wink::grin:

1 Like

Oh that is some smack talk! I will prevail!

1 Like

That would be a mircacle, let’s be real here.

Sheba you can watch the streams on Twitch after they have played! Sleep is a thing! :scream:
Thanks for noting I like dragons :wink:

I think it is nice to have a mythic focused on supporting the rest of the team, otherwise we really only have Queen Aurora and Skadi as soft ‘friendly’ troops?

2 Likes

I agree, support mythics are great! Too bad this latest one doesn’t seem like he’s going to be very good at his job. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Scorpius and Abynissia. They look mean, but they’re “friendlier” than Skadi

Honestly, I think that there was a situation where you wanted to pick green to transform, Salty advised to red (I believe) but green would have been way better and could have gotten you the win - there was still ways to go, but it would have filled up both Voice and Worldbreaker from several 4-matches, if I remember correctly. So not as much of a miracle as it may seem now. :wink:

I knooooow but then I can’t talk to you guys or remind Salty to collect her tribute or suggest team builds! Honestly, I likely won’t do it again (it would have been fine without the stream delay but like it was I had to pull an all-nighter), but I got to see Ysabelle and Orpheus in a team thanks to being there, which was what I wanted to see - thanks for putting her in for a battle. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but… he’s not super-good at it. Aurora is. Aurora is awesome. I don’t have Skadi, so I can’t say much about her. But… a mythic who gives Mana, but basically depends on his team having full Mana for damage is kinda, uh, problematic because

1. Full spells = Mana given is lost.
  2. Full spells = Totally open to get drained. Enemy Famine WILL one-shot someone.
  3. Orpheus needs full spells from team = He’s useless when alone and the rest is dead. He’s even Impervious, so even his cleansing special is lost on himself. Alone, he’s fodder. Skadi, for example, is not - she can summon Mab back.
2 Likes

I think he’s pretty good, I still definitely want to experiment with some Famine teams. I think he will be very popular on offense with the arrival of bright Forest as well!

VoO is the most compact and complete Silence hard counter to date. But… I’m really doubting how good he will be versus Faerie Fire, since you’ll probably just not want to get those applied in the first place. The troops from the kingdom that can apply Faerie Fire can all do so without dropping the turn anyway, so you may not even get the chance to cleanse if you use a low damage, no board mod troop like VoO.

True that his cleanse may not do much for your troops that are faerie fired. But if the enemy is affected it may make take his damage out of the sucky and extremely conditional range? I’m really trying to find some glimmer of hope for him, i want to like him.

I’m trying hard, too, but… even if FF takes his damage out of the sucky range, it would do even more for same-colored Infernus and take his damage from very good to absolutely excellent. :confused: VoO has the issue of having to color-compete with the right-now best mythic in the game on top of his already very abundant issues; he can only lose.
And yeah, I am super-sad about this. I’m not trying to be mean or anything. I want him to be awesome, his design is amazing and he’s the Leonis mythic and connected to my beloved Manticores and aaaah. But… I just… there’s nothing hopeful I can say about his potential. I’ll just keep running Ysabelle.

Or just make him a Legendary. And realese Korvash Dad as a Mythic!

Retired Emperor {Blue, Brown, Yellow }

Traits
-General
-holy armor
-Majestic Emperor (stun a random enemy) on brown matches.

Spell
Conqueror’s Blood 25 Mana cost
Deal 20 true damage to all enemies and drain the mana of the first and last enemies. Boosted 2x per stunned enemy.

Flavor text: That boy Orpheus ain’t right.

1 Like

Hey team! Tomorrow is streaming day woohoo!

We will be going live at 12 midday AEDT which is 8 PM EST. Come watch me play through the Bright Forest storyline! (And maybe play with Voice of Orpheus some more.)

3 Likes