Gems of Streaming

@Kafka
@Cyrup
@Saltypatra

Sorry for the bump, but this is really important, not just for me, but for many other players.
That’s one of the reasons that after all the feedback and complaints, I actually made these suggestions.

I purposely left out a question about the Event weapons, because you already gave the information that they are in the works in the future updates.

Thank you. :smile:

My other question is are you going to answer @Koromac as my questions are the same

2 Likes

Add major and minor blue orbs of ascension instead of random chaos orbs as rewards. At least for top tier. That’s what you really mean, and it’s a great idea.

This request is so old that… You used to be able to request to have your account reset, no troops or loot and starting fresh. This was before trait stones, ascending troops, and mythics.
Long promised, never delivered.

You can feel free to ask any question you’d like in the free for all part of the stream tomorrow. I also have our list of talking points, so you know what you can expect Sirrian and Nimhain to explore in more depth.

4.4 Update Stuff
• How useful do you think Team Suggestion will actually be?
• How does Team Share work?
• Why would I spend more than 1 Sigil for a Epic Battle, when I could play 2 battles instead?
• Why did we make the change and are any of the rewards changing?
• Why did we want to revisit Daily Tasks?
• How do the rewards compare between the Daily Tasks and Adventure Board?
• What is in this update for End-Game Characters?

Misc.
• What’s going on with old event weapons?
• What’s going on with PVP Score?
• Will we be able to breakdown higher rarity ingots to ingots of lower rarities?
• What’s going on with Higher level delves?
• What happened with the spelling of Gaard?
• I heard about a PVP rework rumor. What’s the deal with that?
• What’s coming in 4.5 and beyond?

11 Likes

@Saltypatra are you doing streaming tonight (today)?

I am! I will be previewing the Stonesong Eyrie troops and delve layout.

1 Like

Oh! That’s great! see you later!

1 Like

Join @Saltypatra live now on Twitch harpy-ing on about the upcoming faction Stonesong Eyrie. Check out the upcoming troops and delve map, as well as some codes to give away! So flock with your friends to check out the stream now!

1 Like

I excited for tomorrows stream

Today is the day, team!

1 Like

Have an alarm set so I dont miss it lol

what time for dev stream again please?

@Saltypatra can you close the QA with releasing the date for update 4.4 ? :grinning:

@Ghaleon, no.

@dbzfan it’s in the thread. 6 30 PM PDT.

I didnt get to watch all of the 4.4 preview stream, so dunno if it has been answered there or elsewhere.

Will the notification issue be fixed in 4.4??

@Sirrian should wear funny hats like Jay Kay

1 Like

That would be virtual insanity!

2 Likes

Spring Dev Q&A

4.4 Update Stuff

• How useful do you think Team Suggestion will actually be?

– Useful for new players and early-mid players. Not going to pick the next meta team.
– Useful for helping players gain ideas for color/race/troop type restricted events to build stronger teams.
– Tease: Useful for revamped explore or other new events coming in the next 6 months. System will improve in the future with the revamped events.

• How does Team Share work?

– Teams can be build using the Team Suggestion feature.
– Teams can be shared to by pasting in to in-game chat for others to use.
– Formatting of suggested teams is compatible with external communication services, such as Discord, to prove other ways to share teams.

• Why would I spend more than 1 Sigil for a Epic Battle, when I could play 2 battles instead?

– System designed for newer players, not veterans.
– Designed to allow early to mid game players to push a little farther than they would normally get in an event.

• Why did we want to revisit Daily Tasks?
• Why did we make the change and are any of the rewards changing?
• How do the rewards compare between the Daily Tasks and Adventure Board?

– Engagement with current Daily Tasks currently is low (~20% of playerbase)
– Weekly Events were mindless grinds for high amounts of event currency.
– Too much effort, too little rewards.
– Revamp is designed to provide similar reward levels that are quicker to achieve and are more engaging to players.
– No planned changes to tributes; devs are happy with current tribute system.
– Progression tasks planned for players < level 150.
– Over level 150, kill 100 enemies for 20 gems daily. Rare chance for more rewarding long-term tasks to appear.

• What is in this update for End-Game Characters?

– Team sharing outside of game primary feature. 4.4 not focused towards end-gamers.
– Next two updates will be heavily focused towards end-gamers.

Misc.

• What’s going on with old event weapons?

– Solution partially rolling out next week.
– Two components: free and paid.

Free: Launching next week.
** Epic weapons in Soulforge will be removed on Monday**
– Replaced with a weapon rotation, by kingdom event.
– Will cost ~25% more than craftable event weapons (~400 to 500 diamonds in Soulforge with jewels mentioned on stream)

Paid: 3-4 weeks away
– Weekly event weapons that were not acquired and are at least 2 months old will appear as daily flash offers for ~$5 USD.
– Weapons offered are randomly selected from a list of weapons a player does not own. (Different weapons for different players offered weekly.)

– Doomed weapons will appear in the Soulforge for a higher cost (considered Mythic rarity).

• What’s going on with PVP Score?

– Team score algorithm was not designed to work with team scores >10k; breaks down near completely >12k.
– A bug caused this breakdown, was undetected for ~2 years.
– Fixing the bug resulted in the devs becoming aware of the broken scoring algorithm.

– Solution: New scoring system being designed. Flat base scores modified by team score and account level, slightly tilted towards end-gamers.
– Timing: ~2-3 weeks away, longer if a beta test occurs. Internal server fix, does not require a patch to implement.

• Will we be able to breakdown higher rarity ingots to ingots of lower rarities?

– No. Prefer to fix issues with Epic ingot drop rates first. Will appear in Adventure Tasks. Ingot gnome planned, but not in 4.4 (4.5 minimum).

• What’s going on with Higher level delves?

– Solution coming in 4.5 (~3 months away).
– Tease: Some kind of additional hero(ine) boost? Other boosts planned?

• What happened with the spelling of Gaard?

– Inconsistent naming being used by devs.
– A “final” naming for Gaard was decided and implemented for consistency, with additional troops with the name coming in the future.

• I heard about a PVP rework rumor. What’s the deal with that?

– Still in consideration to update/fix legacy coding; may or may not make it in 2019 depending on difficulty to implement.
– Core PvP will not be changed; no sigils will ever be required.
– Possible tournament style events in rework. If that happens, it will be handled separately from normal PvP.

• What’s coming in 4.5 and beyond?

– PvP rework
– Delve fixes
– Explore rework
– In mid 2020 - replacement event for new classes, as all kingdoms will have classes by April 2020.
– Wild Plains rework

– Wish list: Treasure Map and Arena rework

FFA

– New Doomed weapons being made, as old weapons will be moved to Soulforge.
– Sirrian wants to buff doomed weapons and affixes.
– Redoing quests: Not planned, other kingdom interactions potentially planned for 4.5 and beyond.
– New sinks for resources for end-gamers (souls, treasure maps, etc.): Sirrian likes the idea, needs to be planned.
– Treasure map revamp: 4.6 (Holiday patch) minimum, likely in 2020.
– Apocalypse: Unlikely to add additional troops to kingdom. Sirrian proposes possibly moving them eventually to Sin of Maraj.
– New Kingdoms?: Unlikely in 2019. Possible if the right occasion occurs, such as launching in a new territory (see: Shentang).
– Puzzle Quest 3: Still a long, long way off.
– Better rewards for class events: Sirrian agrees, but unsure what to do about that (see end of class events above).
– Power creep: Sirrian believes that the game is at a proper level of power creep, larger power jumps in the future unlikely. He is aware of the difficulties that newer players face because of recent power leaps via troops and weapons.
– Trait removal on troops/weapons: No.
– Gain mana on skull matches?: Maybe, but unlikelyNot keen on changing core mechanic (Reserves right to change mind in future.)
– Best DM in office: Sirrian and Salty.
– Pet food issues: Possibly to be added to adventure boards.
– Rewards scaling for higher level delves: Sirrian would like to explore solutions. Possible allowing delve chests >10 at high levels or boosted chest upgrade chances?
– Scaling delves down? No, because of exploitation of level 20 delves… Wants to fix reward system.
– Conversion/Transmuting of Orbs into other Orbs? No.
– Ability to block certain rewards that are unneeded to appear on adventure boards? No.
– VIP perks? In the mid-long term, perhaps a revamp. One time rewards for reaching certain VIP tiers (ex: Orb of Power), under consideration.
– Arcane traitstone drop rate: 5.5% in Explores, 1.5% elsewhere.
– Double traitstone events coming back? Possible.
– Getting gnomes in Vault easier: Likely in future.
– Adventure Boards: Traitstones, souls, keys, gems, orbs, (something new in 4.5).
– Single click spell casting for troops?: Possible, in future. Would be an opt-in feature, if implemented.
– Cancelling spells in mid-cast? Possible, but would require a revamp of a legacy system; apprehensive to do so.

Stream has concluded.

38 Likes

Bleh. 25 matches/day unless transform’s going to work for that. :frowning:

I agree re: daily tasks, though. I can’t remember the last time I got one unless it happened to line up with whatever I was already doing.

Everything else sounds interesting. Fast responses to a lot of things I thought were going to be a lot further out!

Spoiler: I’d love to see the PvP rework but that’s definitely a thing I wasn’t expecting even really this year? I don’t even know what I want “a rework” to mean.

1 Like

I’m glad to see some of the things on the roadmap. We should all bookmark Lyrian’s post for the next time we get restless about what’s coming (or isn’t coming) in the next few updates.

Edit: @Slypenslyde, 25 matches is three full-clear Delves; Guild events, PVP, dungeons, etc. make it easier still to reach. It seems like this target is reasonably-placed for people who are active daily.

5 Likes