Gems of Streaming

I’m not sure I’m reading this correctly. What exactly lasts to the end of the weekly event, the potion bonus or the potion within the inventory? Phrasing it differently, will a potion boost just one battle or all of them? And can potions be saved up or do they disappear like unspent sigils?

I can’t imagine what would lead them to limit Spoils of War purchases. If, as Lyrian suggests, it’s because there is too much Glory in the economy, the solution isn’t to make Glory worthless; it’s to reduce the rate at which players earn Glory, same as they did for several other currencies in the recent past.

It took me a while to build up the glory pool I have, a resource I value because it’s the only way I know of to make sure I keep a full troopset. Yes, I can trivially mythic a new legendary with event keys supplemented by glory purchases of more event keys. But I’m an endgame player that literally has every troop in the game at mythic. It took a ton of work to get here, and I’m working to keep that set complete.

Tell me this: how am I going to get new legendary troops to mythic without the Spoils of War mechanism? With more legendaries per kingdom, it’s more and more difficult to pull them at all. It takes hundreds of event keys to get one to mythic, sometimes over a thousand. It’s not feasible to fund that through gems, although that’s clearly the intent here: make glory useless and replace it with another place to spend gems. Wait, I guess I can imagine exactly what makes them limit Spoils of War.

Please rethink this idea. Accumulating glory is the single best reason for an endgame player to put in any real time in the game right now. Take glory’s usefulness away, and why should I pile on the hours? Compound that with making it impossible to keep my troops at mythic despite my resource pile, and why should I play at all anymore?

7 Likes

Just want to say the spoil of war limit is BS

Good luck trying to catch the new
Legendary with only 10 keys per week

5 Likes

I’d rather keep the single purchase of event keys with no limit than have multiple purchases with a weekly limit, frankly.

3 Likes

Alternatives are using already-rare ascension orbs (which means delaying Zuul even further, for those who don’t have it but wish to obtain it) or hoping the new troop eventually drops from an increasingly-diluted pool of troops in guild/glory/gem/VIP chests. While I don’t think slowing down the ability to get a new Legendary to Mythic is the main motivation behind the nerf, it wouldn’t surprise me if it played a role in the decision.

I never bought Spoil of War before… I didn’t know it was that great :thinking:.
Yeah it’s going to be harder to get the new Legendary at Mythic on their release day…

1 Like

JESUS CHRIST for the love of all that is holy @Saltypatra please move this microphone away from the table your keyboard is at :exploding_head:

It sounds like the preview already happened last night. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh snap…

Please stop release updates on war week and after monday. Us european we hai the last updates in the war week and a lot of problems always becouse of patch (the worst was classes unset for war defences)

Yeah @Lyrian quit it! ^^^ :wink:

1 Like

Just wanna give my pov about the limiting of spoils of war:

Im an endgame player. Only troop that is released I dont have yet, is Zuul. 3 of the 4 dooms I have at Epic. Every other troop in the game, I own and have it at Mythic.

Obviously, I am 1 of the completionist in the game.

I dont really buy spoils of war. I may buy a few, talking like 20ish max, when a new LG is released. Otherwise, I just keep all Event keys I get elsewhere. I still get ~200 a month from tasks from guild, leveling, whatever, and I dont play heaps.

Limiting it to 10, and saying well you can buy them now in a few clicks rather than the mind numbing process of buying them 1 at a time, will make me actually buy them every week, just so I have that extra amount when the new LG drops.

And if I want it Mythic, I will use an ascension orb and hoard more event keys for later use.

The 1 thing Im interested about in this update, is the delves and potions and how it will all work.

Is it, because it changes the stats of the troops/whatever else happens, a set effect that will last X amount of time, per fight, or per delve?

If it is per fight, then for delves they are basically useless, as if you use, say 5 to get a little bonus stats to help do an all faction, then you may have to use 20 just to finish that 1 delve. Then throw in RNG and how many attempts you need, and that then becomes 20000 of them.

For X amount of time, IMO, is the best bet. That way you can use it, do Raids/Invasion/ToD/Delves all in that time frame.

I feel like the update is an early April Fools joke. Who are these people asking for a chat upgrade with emojis? Really? And then they are going to dilute event chests with common and rares. Wonderful. And finally, true to form for these devs, it appears they feel as though Glory is too easy to earn now and instead of limiting it they nerf what you can buy with it. Typical. Just like instead of rebalancing the hundreds of worthless troops in the game they nerf the few that are useful.

6 Likes

Bar, anyone that does not have everything, Spoils of War is a tbh a blatant move to cull progress, in particular it is bad for imho a high proportion of players.

Generally new players will probably swing and miss on good guilds to start with, won’t get into higher echelon guilds at low level and won’t benefit from better resources per week, like those that are do.

They may not even get 43 (guild gained) event keys a week for a while. Even if they do, and bonuses from events at an early juncture, they will likely swing and miss on pulling legendaries with a real limit on their keys, unless they get lucky (with the existing restrictions on event keys in game).

I get that it’s a business, I run one. I get that there is a dislike of ingenuity by players to avoid dumping cash. As a Vip player, I paid cash because I felt that the game was good enough that I should contribute to the overall scheme of things, my two penneth as it were. I however think this is a bad move in terms of player incentive.

I’m a PVP player, I didn’t start at the outset and I don’t have everything. I now try and get everything by a particular strategy;

a) Playing PVP for as much glory as I can.
b) Stockpiling glory and keys for when the turn comes.
b) Convert that extraneous (managed) glory into event keys (if I miss a legendary) and use them.
c) Rebuild my event key pile after doing so (using Spoils of War), ‘paying earned currency to do so’
d) Managing gems so I do try not overspend on a Mythic (having wrecked my strategy many times in the past in the pursuit of progression).
e) Use Soulforge on troops I miss, doing Dungeons daily, spend 50 gems daily etc
f) Use Soulforge on epic/UR troops I miss/need if (see G below)
g) Use blue orbs on legendaries/event troops (when the event is garbage - aka 10 mana exploders exploding entire boards in Raid)
h) Will pay cash if I have an incentive. (not spent anything since introduction of raid/invasion, but would if a few things were there to stimulate, i.e not feeling I am putting money in the slot machine).
i) I could list a few other things but most things are to gain progress - levelling kingdoms being the key one.

So Spoils of War being reduced to 10 per week is a direct resource issue imho on

• New players
  • Mid game players
  • Moving towards end game players

As a classic example, I swung and missed on Ishbaala - 750 event keys. I raided Spoils of War for maybe 3-400 event keys and still missed. I went and paid for it. I got it a week later in a guild chest pull…Now there is no way in hell I would buy it taking into account event key nerfing.

I swung on Divinia and it cost me 500+ event keys. I may have even bought it tbh back then, can’t remember.

I swung on Medea and it cost me 650+ event keys.

A spoils of war restriction will mean a lot of swinging and missing will be very detrimental to most of those players above. Yep, I got lucky on a few, an alt got Magnus with his only event key and I got Qilin very easily with about 20 keys (and a Mythic with 50).

The reasons why the change is being made are obvious - get you to spend more money. Again, for a business that is the way it works, but it maybe doesn’t have to be so blatant…

You add this to the weapon scenario, add in GW being shifted to 4 weekly, TOD (supposed to be a way of getting gems remember!) (rofl). A better way would be to perhaps not be quite so transparent in the methods to obtain revenue.

Someone said 10 event keys / day, that would be okay…

Let’s not forget we already have to deal with RNG on just about every single thing.

In relation to potions/delve, let’s see.

3 Likes

I’m willing to suffer a little embarrassment to ask this: do you play Diablo 3?

The developers cast a spell:

TheDragonSeoul has become disenchanted!

There is a 0% chance to recover at the start of each turn. :unamused:

3 Likes

That was an unintentional reference to be honest. I’ll go with it, though. It fits here just as well as Blizzard announcing a mobile Diablo bootleg game. lol

Yeah, that’s why I snickered so hard reading your comment. Thanks for the red shirt guy moment…it was fitting.

I guess you are luckier than me. Most of time i need to buy 400+ event key to get 1 legendary copy. So this nerf really hurt the people with bad RNG luck like me

@jzg I moved it so far from my keyboard!!! It was our first Q & A from the new set up, so I have a little tweaking to do. I’ll sort what I can for our next one.

1 Like