Forest Guardian third trait vs Spirit Fox empowered

Dont know if that has already been reported, cause I lost track of the rework rework rework threads on Maugrim Woods. Just encountered a defense team that has a fully traited Spirit Fox at the 3rd position, and a fully traited Forest Guardian at the 4th position.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
When the match starts, Spirit Fox is supposed to be at full mana, cause he’s empowered. But instead he only has 4/9, which I guess is cause by the Forest Guardians 3rd trait, that starts all beasts with 50% mana.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Fight a team that has Spirit Fox as 3rd, Forest Guardian as 4th, both fully traited.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

I’ll do some testing if this
a) also happens on offense
b) if this is caused by the order of the troops. Cause I believe Spirit Fox empowered to set mana to 100%, Forest Guardians 3rd trait to set it to 50% after.

@Sirrian ?

EDIT: Happens on offense as well. Try Spirit Fox***/Forest Guardian***/Spirit Fox***.
Match starts. First fox gets empowered → full mana – Forest Guardian 3rd trait → all beasts set to 50% mana (1st Fox gets set from 9/9 to 4/9) – second fox gets empowered → full mana.

6 Likes

Nice catch. :slight_smile:

I noticed it also yesterday.

If Spirit Fox is above FG it starts with half mana, if FG is above Fox then Fox keeps it’s empowered trait.

3 Likes

The problem is that the Forest Guardians text says allied beast start “with 50% mana” not “at 50% mana”. Forest Guardians mechanic sets mana to 50%, when it should add 50% to beasts as per description.

It just doesn’t do this because that would make double Forest Guardian teams insane.

A necro, but: While it makes sense that two Forest Guardians don’t stack, it doesn’t make sense that Forest Guardian would override Spirit Fox’s Empowered. More generally, an effect that starts a troop at a given mana percentage should have no effect if the troop already has more mana than the effect would set.

2 Likes