[FIXED IN 5.4] Casual PvP difficulty alters the arena difficulty 🙄

I had casual PvP at Warlord 2 (because gold is shit otherwise) while trying to farm pet gnomes.

Compare my Snow Sprite stats to the one on defense. (Neither were summoned.)

After the match. (That I got smashed in.)
I turned casual PvP back to normal and that seemingly fixed the stats for the next match.

3 Likes

EDIT: Misread your comment. Deleted my previous statement here. But I’m still curious about the following for data.

I guess the question I have is what are your numbers for assuming gold is trash elsewhere. You don’t have to display the team you run but I’m curious what Cpvp level you play at (T1, T2, or T3) and what your per hour numbers for gold are.

Feel free to DM me instead if you don’t want to post it publicly.

To stay on topic, yeah the Cpvp difficulty affecting arena needs to be fixed. That was a nice catch.

I don’t think he was farming gold, just queueing up pets when the timers expired.

Although you can make gold in cpvp. I’ve done 3500 battles @ 2500 per battle this weekend. Thats 8.75 million gold.

This has always been true. Whenever you alter your Warlord level, it will carry over to the arena.

Casual PvP isn’t the place to be to maximize gold or trophy gains, but it is a great way to hunt for Pet Gnomes. I do agree that Casual PvP difficulty should not affect Arena since you can’t change the difficulty in Arena anymore. So yes, this needs fixed.

lol I have a lot of questions about your gold stats. As with AWR I’m far less curious about the actual team and more curious about where in Cpvp you play, how long your average battles are( (or how long you think you played for), and what your VIP level is. Again, feel free to DM instead. I have a lot stats on a lot of different areas with teams so it’s interesting to see where players are getting the top gold. (Well aware you probably weren’t playing Cpvp for gold, but rather other reasons such as pet gnomes)

For example, my top explore 12 team can get 364k per hour in 108 battles. My top PvP T3 team can get around 428k per hour in 80 battles. This is VIP 0 numbers which is 105% gold bonus.

I asked one of our higher VIP’s to do some runs for me and gather their gold info to compare. This player has 255% gold bonus. They would do 612k per hour in 108 battles(running the same team i had). In pvp T3 683k per hour in 76 battles.

I guess the point is less about making gold in Cpvp, as if you play long enough and in high quantities you are going to get a ton of gold. But how much gold are losing playing Cpvp, or maybe how much your gaining!

Just to not completely hijack OP’s topic: I think now that difficult has been removed from Arena, this should mean the difficultly link between arena and Cpvp should be removed, even if it was always there. I only remember being able to change the difficulty in each one individually so I never noticed if I changed one, the other one changed as well.

@Saltypatra 2 months later this is still very much a thing.
I had Warlord 4 set in casual PvP.

(Forgot about the bug) (as I’ve imagined you have as well by now)
And yeah…

Assuming not every player will connect the two. This may be ruining the Arena experience for a lot of your player base.
At the very least can you report the bug. Because it’s still marked as [Investigating] and I’m not sure what there is to investigate. You can see the crazy stat differences in the Screen shots I’ve provided.

(The AI cast and killed 2 of my troops before I even noticed the 200%+ buff they were receiving.)

The difficulty in casual PvP causes the whole arena run to be a permanent difficulty.
I changed the pvp difficulty after the battle to Normal. Went back to the run and it was still giving Warlord 4 stats.

It wasn’t until I started a brand new arena run that the normal cpvp difficulty kicked in thus giving me normal arena opponents.

1 Like

What teams do you run, if you don’t mind my asking?

This issue is fixed in 5.4. :slight_smile: (We just implemented a fix.)

4 Likes

Appreciate it!