Fewer guilds? Fewer players

Yes, it is quite similar to our experience.
We are gradually getting most our players on LINE.
We can help each other out plus it seems to motivate players and inspire loyalty.
As a GM it has really helped to be able to pm players.
Plus it so much better for all round communication.
Not to mention we have fun.

Really, people who do not post are “lurkers”?
Perhaps they are just not comfortable with posting in a public forum for fear of the response they may get.
Isn’t the purpose of forums to provide information?
I don’t see anything wrong with anyone reading forums to get info without actually posting.

I agree Nemesis 616, well said

Actually I am Catwoman. We eat spiders

I have enjoyed connecting with GM’S who seem to have had very similar experiences with the changes this new version has caused.
It is encouraging to meet them and find we are employing similar strategies yet without taking the game too seriously and keeping it entertaining and fun for our teams.

We use LINE, also very helpful when chat is down :roll_eyes:

Not that my guild has setup alternate communication channels, but LINE has a disadvantage: It requires that you actually have a mobile number to link it to.
I have an iPad with just wifi (no number) and an oldSkool Nokia telephone (not smart on purpose), which means LINE is out of the picture for me.

It wasn’t a derogatory term, it’s what people who read but do not post are called all over the internet

3 Likes

I have LINE on my Android tablet, a friend uses

Not that my guild has setup alternate communication channels, but LINE has a disadvantage: It requires that you actually have a mobile number to link it to.
I have an iPad with just wifi (no number) and an oldSkool Nokia telephone (not smart on purpose), which means LINE is out of the picture for me.

I love Line.
The cony and brown stickers rule!

1 Like

Actually i’m not the master of our guild (as i assume thats what GM stands for), but just a fellow member (in second highest standing). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am one of our more active recruiters from our guild, though :grin:

Just sayin’

1 Like

Oops, sorry Jon31397, it was great to hear your ideas. Thanks for the input, most replies have been friendly, helpful and positive