Fewer guilds? Fewer players

You complained on end about numerous things that aren’t of any real concern to anyone other than yourself and gave a condescending, dismissive backhand to high level players that constitute the best online community I’ve ever witnessed. Hardly “civilized,” but it’s far easier to deem me the devil than truly exchange any real ideas.

Also, if your emoji had been :wink: I might have actually believed your backpedal.

2 Likes

Stop being so vicious, you demean yourself

Stop sending me PMs, please. Thanks.

2 Likes

My chat is to update “orders” to the guildmates, most of the time ignored.

Done. Stop posting nasty comments in my thread

Sometimes I am successful, often not. I have far more success with LINE. Have more than half my guild using this app now. I believe it to be the key to our success so far.

2 Likes

Our guild went from VERY casual to fairly serious after the 2.1 update. The rewards in terms of stat bonuses and resources are just too lucrative. I’m far and away the biggest contributor to my guild (almost $1.5M gold per week) and while I have no intention of leaving, I am starting to have an expectation that I should be getting more out of my contributions than what I was getting before. My guild leader and a few other core members agree and for that reason, we’ve decided to start implementing more measures used by the top hardcore guilds.

1 Like

Do you personally play two different accounts, or do you have someone else run the second guild (like Birch and Birch Bis on XBox)? Just curious.

This sounds very similar to our guild.
We didn’t have rules, guidelines or minimums. Yet we still did vey well.
Just this week we have put goals in place dependant on the players current level.
We also kicked what I would term barely active players.
No member has had a problem with the goals in fact seem in favour of them as it is more fair.

2 Likes

Yes m8 I got 2 Moshi accounts.I spent a few hours each day on 2 off them getting trophys in and just donating my gold.I’ve also had help from our rank 3 members to get it started.but your guild was pulling away,from us so I had to put them back.but recruiting now is much easier for us.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the way it is going with us too.

I’m in a Casual guild too, and to all surprise, wi haven’t had that change with the 2.1 update. We always had a few experienced, “old” guys leading the guild, a few mid-tiers and a few noobs at the bottom, wich made/makes for a great combination of player experiences. We recently even managed to break the top 150 and yet there’s no sign of “enforcing contributions”.

We do have guild “guidelines” too, though, namely staying active, donating any gold thats left after leveling kingdoms and - most important - having fun. And the most interesting thing i recently started seeing in our guild is that the higher, more active players create a “positive drag”, as in that the newer players see what the better ones contribute and start going like “I wanna be as helpful as that too”, starting to do more and more entirely out of their own free will, keeping our guild driving upwards.
We still see ourselves as casual though, and if someone doesn’t want to contribute much, it’s okay - the active players manage to get our guild to 24k seals each week and we are pretty aware that we won’t make it to 40k, but all of us are fine with that.

I’m really happy about the developments in here and i hope that your guilds will thrive that well, too :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I am pleased to hear you are having success. We too have placed the importance on having fun and working as a team.
It sounds like we have very similar guild manage mentioned strategies. Hey its working for both of us. :blush:
We have come really close to 30K seals. Plus we continue to move up the ranks.
Wish you much success with your guild.
Have Fun!

Yeah, we deifinitely aren’t hardcore or anything. It’s just that we’ve come so close to 40K seals and getting multiple tasks fully complete that it made us want to push that little bit further.

We are definitely WAY more organized than before the 2.1 update and it’s made the game more fun for most of us. Before the update I rarely chatted with my guild mates. Now we have a Facebook group and we are talking all the time.

2 Likes

my guild setup a forum channel… seems to be helping when chat is down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I hope everyone does leave their dead guilds and group up into active guilds. I also wish the inactive guilds with thousands of trophies would get erased or moved to a standby list. It is pretty annoying to see thousands of guilds and know that many are probably inactive. I actually think that is half of the problem with this game currently, is how hard it is to identify which guilds are active and which are dead. Coupled with the lack of a private message system and no visibility into who is in the Global chat, it makes it a nightmare to really connect to people.

Searching and finding a specific guild and then determining the rank and membership is pretty much impossible. The chat system is broken 50% of the time and is frustrating because you can’t both play and use it. This leaves new members randomly joining dead guilds that have open recruitment until they find one that is semi active to sit in, or they get fed up and join the forums if they are hardcore enough. Lets be honest, most people don’t join the forums as casual players.

P.S. I love this game despite the headache

1 Like

[quote=“NeMEsis916, post:37, topic:13206, full:true”]Lets be honest, most people don’t join the forums as casual players.
[/quote]

No, but for every active member of the Forum there are at least 5 lurkers who get their info and feel no need to post.

1 Like

I have no doubt there are lurkers. The point is that there is a much larger pool of players not on the forums.

2 Likes

I agree but if you neither post or lurk you are probably not aware of many issues or problems and you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by ignoring one of the best gaming communities around