Epic Vault Keys

And here is where I disagree with you. Achievements are like “goals” or “endpoint targets” players are encouraged to do or rewarded for acomplishing. If they are a part of ingame built-ending they usualy result in players getting a reward (again WoW here → special mount, title, etc.), that will somehow distinct them from playerbase. In that manner, some “early game” achievements are in games to provide 2 things:

1. show the achievement interface to new users
  2. encourage player to start “collecting” them and by such, give a longterm goal for playing…

If they are a part of gaming platform (like steam, or google play games), they usualy dont provide anything in-game, and are just a way of comparing players… and yeah, they can be reduced to:
“a badge player gets as a result of whatever in-game action they have taken”

Guess you’re referring to what i’ve ironicaly written as being serious :laughing:

NO, you don’t have to do that. No matter if it’s hitting #1 ranked pvp few weeks in a row, or being a top1 guild in GW few months in a row, or any other challenge or rank you or me invent here and now… Nothing realy forces you to congratulate anyone on doing that.

Just don’t forget that people are different and same thing can be(depending on person):
a) a big challenge
b) something they do easily, while others struggle
c) something realy… wortheless, either their time or attention

My whole point with this was:

That not all things that have “achievement” label on it, are a piece of cake.

I know, that gaming realy reduced the meaning of “achievement” from something great and admired to a worthless badge you gain as a side effect of doing every day ordinary stuff.

@TheIdleOnehHope, you get my point now :roll_eyes:

And you only added achievements to your game to make money. The fact is if you removed all Xbox achievements from your game the Xbox play base would drop by half over night. You only added achievements to get some idiots to buy your rubbish micro transactions. If this game had no achievements this game would have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

GoW is not my game… so anything below that sentence it’s just gibberish for me.

Been lucky enough to get 2epic vault keys and don’t know why I got them if your going to have the epic vault key at least give us a way to earn them

For me, what is really offending is how underwhelming EK rewards are compared to their rarity. You would expect some pharaonic loot from a drop you only obtain a couple of times per year, instead you get the equivalent of 3-4 standard keys, and you still have to be lucky with the kind of rewards rolled.

Either throw in better rewards (like a 10% chance for a mythic) or reduce the thing’s rarity. There is also the option of making the 10th pity key you can get during Vault weekends an EK (after all 1 out of 10 is supposed to be an EK, right?), so players can at least grind their way there.

6 Likes

Maybe the better rewards are just waiting for the introduction of Legendary and Mythic vault keys.

Then we can really start to complain about drop rates!

1 Like

After the long explanation I hope we all get it… your opinion that is.

So you think it is fine to have an achievement/trophy be based on a low percentage luck-based occurrence. Nothing wrong with that, it’s a perfectly valid opinion whether everyone agrees or not.

You’re welcome for my validation by the way, I know you needed it. :wink:

1 Like