Empowered troup starts without mana

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

**Platform, device version and

operating
iOS

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

As you can see from the screenshots, directly taken after the game start: greed has zero mana.
I have no idea why. I don‘t think I have seen this more than once.

You also have 96 gold - is that all from cascades from Greed’s Omen trait?

Yes, there was a lot of cascades at the start.
I was quite baffled and took the screenshots immediately before doing anything.

()

Edit: skip to the last paragraph.

—————————
By my count, you should be gaining 16 gold from 4-matches (4 base, plus 2 from Egg Thief and Greed’s Greedy trait, doubled by Cedric Sparklesack), and 20 from 5 matches.

You have 96 gold at present. That means either: you had 6 4-matches in your cascade, or 4 5-matches and a single 4-match.

The minimum possible amount of mana awarded from 6 4-matches is 18, if every single one was the same color, and that color happened to be the one diminished by a +2/+1/-1 banner. A more likely amount of mana is 24. The minimum possible mana awarded from the mixed 5- and 4-match set is 39, while the typical value is 44. Then, add in a few mana from the explosion.

You’ve collected 19 mana on a team that covers all colors. So either you hit the jackpot—you gained just one mana from Greed’s Omen trait, and all six 4-matches were the same color and reduced in mana payout—or Greed was fired off.
—————————

In fact, your Greed has 62 life, which is not possible outside of Delves, Tower of Doom, or Guild Wars. My Greed has a base Life of 56, and that is with all possible Guild/Kingdom bonuses. Greed must have been fired off.

3 Likes

I just checked and the 96 gold are exactly what I would get if I have one match from greeds destroyed gem (10 gold) and using its ability once.
But I‘m 100% that I did not do anything.
On the other hand, maybe the client did it somehow on its own (it’s a touchscreen after all) - at least the numbers do add up.

Now that you mention it, I don’t know why greed has so much life. I start with 43 usually.

How am I supposed to get that much life here?

1 Like

The 10 gold could also be from the Cunning talent, Light Fingers, doubled by Sparklesack. The green colour of Greed’s Life does suggest that it’s been boosted. Not sure what else to suggest :stuck_out_tongue:.

I hope it’s permanent where all Empowered troops don’t start with mana… especially for delves and PvP…

I see your Greed
And raise you one. :grinning:

(Faction bonus)

Greed gains both life and gold on cast.
Anyway evidence has shown that your greed did start with full mana, therefore this is not a bug

1 Like