Effective AOE teams

I am just confused with your assessment of the team. “Hardly AoE” would imply few characters have AoE abilities and certain do not. However, 75% of this team has a true damage AoE ability. I’m also confused as to why I would use Emperina to buff the Venoxia; I would lose my turn that way. At least with Celestasia I am able to heal and give myself the chance to go again next turn which would then allow me to use Venoxia’s active again. I find myself looping 60-70% of the time and consistently damaging the enemy team with true damage. That sounds like an “effective” AoE team to me.

Perhaps my definition of AoE differs from yours.

Sorry, my post was unclear, that’s not it - what I meant was that the AoE isn’t the most noticeable / powerful ability of the team and isn’t really its best win condition.

Defeating a high level opponent with repeats of 2 AoE true damage, whilst possible, will take ages. A high level opponent will have troops of 20+ Life. That means 10 repeats of Venoxia, and she doesn’t spawn enough gems to always get the next turn and refill herself.

In that time, your Venoxia will have increased up to 50+ Attack. You’d usually win far more quickly with skull matches - each attack is a OHKO.

I wasn’t criticising, sorry - your team is pretty viable - but Dragons are strong at the moment and there’ve been threads here debating the best teams - you will probably win just as much, and much faster, with a team like Venoxia/Emperina/Celestasia/Sheggra - or stick in Bone Dragon…

The key from Emperina is the heal ability - your first Venoxia is getting super strong Attack - you don’t want to lose it.

As an aside - losing the next turn is not a crime. Better to win fast, with the opponent getting some turns, than grind away slowly and win hoping they never get a turn…

NB - we digress from the main point of the thread, sorry!

1 Like

I agree though, is not an aoe team, is a looping team. You don’t build it thinking of aoe as your primary motivator for the team.

1 Like

Started playing around with a different version of the afore-mentioned team, replacing War and Peace with Brian. I’ve found that most of my teams use buffing strategies now, and it just felt a little fragile without it or the inherent team buffs. And boy, when Brian pumps up the magic stat, doing 12 or more damage to everybody is a goooood feeling. Plus the mana cost is lower than War n Peace so it pops sooner. Still debating if I should put him before Behemoth so he can get the brown mana too. Right now, I have Brian in the last spot, with the banner set to green +2 to help him along.

I love Brian but 25% chance to pop magic is too unreliable to build a team on.

Of course, but remember in this build there are 3 troops that use AoE. So given that, there is now a decent chance that one of them will get a magic buff. If not, then they’re getting a different buff, likely to their health or armor, which lets them stay alive longer. So really, there’s a 25% chance they get the least useful buff to attack, which can stil be useful if they’re in the top slot.

I’m still experimenting, but it’s fun so far.

Go Brian go…

:busts_in_silhouette:

• creeps up from behind *
    Psst~ Venoxia’s male.
  • disappears *
2 Likes

I am just wondering how big the whole “dragon gender meme” will grow xD

Really??? ah, you’re right… flavour text refers to ‘him’… and I was sure I recalled something from the Tyri plot about Venoxia being a ‘her’… looks female to me… like an ex-girlfriend I recall…

1 Like

You’re thinking of Webspinner, the boss of Zhul’Kari, who just so happens actually is female.
Points for getting close though! :arrow_heading_up::one:

Feel free to call me your friendly neighborhood plot reminder! ** dons cape* *

1 Like

Tyri plot is from Zhul’kari

Ah you’re right… Raven is Mist of Scales… Grr, did them so long ago…

1 Like

And then there’s this:

Plot twist!

4 Likes

Well now, that’s awkward…

Hey now, let’s not pigeonhole Venoxia into a specific gender! Maybe he identifies as genderfluid. Let’s be considerate of what a monster would like us to call them before we pry out their eyes :wink:

1 Like

You trust Raven? He’s practically blind! Not to mention a compulsive liar.
I wouldn’t trust him to tell me his own gender, let alone the gender of a dragon he’s just met.

3 Likes

Maybe Venoxia is related to that fish that can change its sex organs? :open_mouth: