E3 news and announcments

I’m feeling what you’re saying. Kinda the same way though still have the pre-order. Hoping I don’t regret it though. It seems all “big” games I get lately I’ve been disappointed in while the Under $30 crowd have been what’s sucking up my gaming time including the obvious one here.

1 Like

Likewise. Though I’m definitely getting my money’s worth out of Total War Warhammer.

1 Like

I have to agree with most of you about FFXV, however I am a diehard fan, having been playing it since NES, still have the original dungeons memorized! This will be purchased like all the others and hope it will be what I am looking for.

I wish they would take a look back at where they started and give us a true spiritual successor. I would kill for a FF where I get to build my party at the start and go, ala the original. Also, I would LOVE to see a new trip to Ivalice with FFTactics 3. I think tell the story of the war that set the stage for the original FFT, final cut seen shows Ramza showing up at the Academy!! :wink:

Ok… I’m gonna stop now before I hurt myself…

Sadly, Tactics Advance, while not a bad a game and in fact was rather fun, ran the Ivalice direction off into the wonderful world of FF12, which the only reason why it’s not my least favorite game in the series is because of Balthier.

That said, they have a great marketing department because they made the forthcoming Zodiac version look worth buying.

Can you link to this new Zodiac version??
I have never heard of this and
I have been unable to find anything about it online??

It is essentially the HD Remix of the FF12 International version. The largest difference is that the License Board has been replaced with 12 License Boards (1 for each sign of the Zodiac) and each one corresponds to a specific Job (like White Mage, Black Mage, Samurai, Monk, etc.) And once you pick a job for your character, you cannot change it at all. So once you commit, you’re committed.

There are quite a few other changes too as well as new weapons and armor.

It is Coming Soon™.

Oooo, I might look at FFXII Zodiac. I loved the original FFXII (except for needing to level grind), partially because they didn’t have the random encounter system. But I wasn’t a fan of the generic license board and just had characters stick to a roles anyway.

My main problem is time and the lack of it I have now days.

2 Likes

I loved lots of aspects of FFXII – as a programmer it was cool to be able to program my team – but the story veered way off course, and fizzled before the end. Vaan and Penelo are boring characters. The story needed more Bosch, more Ashe, and especially more of the GoT-like intrigue that I thought I was getting with the fantastic opening scene.

1 Like

I agree with that. Vaan almost caused me to stop playing as I really didn’t like him that much.

I liked not having to worry about having to select my characters in order to drink potions to save themselves. I still wonder where Larsa’s endless supply of potions came from.

1 Like

It’s been a long while but I vaguely recall that Vaan and Penelo were a bit of an afterthought. There’s a reason why someone else truly was the leading man…

I thought I was supposed to have MORE time when I got older… :confused:

Now I’m married, have 5 yr old twins, and get to play my games at 20min shots throughout the week. :rage:

Somebody was NOT telling the truth when I was younger!!! :sob:

3 Likes

Similar position. Lately it feels like I only have time for quick games like… Gems of War.

I have no idea where I’d find the time to finish FF15

1 Like