Dragons of Winter

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/dragons-of-winter/

New Epic Troop: Sylfrostenath Sylfrostenath will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Legendary Troop: Matron Dragotani Matron Dragotani will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make her…

1 Like

We should start a pool where the person who guesses what the troops actually do wins the pot!

13 Likes

All troops are mongo

3 Likes

Another dragon/centaur. Is this something they are making a thing in the GoW universe or is it a particular interest of someone?

No Kinkshaming.

5 Likes

As this is Easter week, we hope we will get the special Easter task

Who is shaming? I’m just curious.
It would explain why those get more troops than say for example wargare/mech.

It was a joke. The punchline’s implying that dragon/centaur is actually someone’s “particular” interest, with the quotes around “particular” implying it’s a sexual interest.

Sort of like the joke, “I’m a half-centaur. But mom says dad was all horse, whatever that means.”

1 Like

Why is the epic troop better than the legendary? :joy:

I don’t know how you are comparing them since they are completely different troops.

Matron Dragotani

• Creates 6-14 blue gems
  • Deals boosted damage to first and last enemies
  • Has the highest spell damage reduction in game @ 75%

Sylfrostenath

• Deals damage to all enemies
  • Freezes 1-4 enemies

How are you comparing them? o.O

‘Matron Dragotani’ as in ‘Mother of Dragons’?

Why can’t you compare them? If you play the game long enough, you can approximate each troop’s utility.

Offhand, it’s not a crazy sentiment. Sylfrostenath does more total damage per cast, is faster to cast, and isn’t burdened by random gem creation.

I don’t think either troop is good for endgame players; it’s very debatable which one is better.

1 Like

Damage mostly
And I think anything creating gems randomly is dangerous anymore
So much is immune to freeze, I’d likely think you’d create 8 gems most times, and half the time set up the ai hoping u froze a blue troop

Not saying either troop is something I’d use
But the epic is clearly safer and does more damage at a lower mana cost

#weareallmongo

1 Like