Divine Protector is the worst thing about this game

As I just said, that is not only a personal attack, but one which presumes that I am a hypocrite. Which I am not. I still think Ubastet is ridiculous even after obtaining him. Very slightly less so with the nerf he got, but I still see him as overpowered.

The unobtainability of the weapon is not a point in that “I want it and can’t have it”. It is a point about how it puts unfair pressure on players to buy OTHER weapons. You can look in the shop and see “Oh, this weapon just does scatter damage and a minor debuff. Kind of situational, pretty likely I wont use it… But what if it gets buffed later? Can I really risk NOT buying it?”

1 Like

Spot on. Its time to move on mate…

3 Likes

Hey if you’re going to talk to me, maybe talk to ME? Addressing me indirectly multiple times in a row by quoting other people is just plain rude, and seems like an attempt to just avoid addressing my arguments.

Iirc these weapons are obtained from purchasing tier 3 in the event shops which I believe costs 150 gems. You also get sigils for those tiers which is the primary reason to buy them anyway. Obtaining the extra sigils helps the whole guild to get all the rewards for the event so you should buy them anyway. The weapon you get is just a side effect. I don’t think the psychological trauma you are talking about is affecting anyone but you mate.

I’m not going nearly so far as to call it traumatic. That would be an extreme hyperbole. I said that it has an impact on players. Things can have an impact on you without being traumatic.

It is traumatic enough to post in one thread and make a second one. You have also spent an inordinate amount of time responding to every post here with either an accusation of personal attacks or strawmen. I have no grudge with you mate, I am trying to help you. My advise would be to let it go. The weapon is definitely not OP. The devs definitely did not deliberately release a subpar weapon only to buff it a week later to make everyone feel the need to buy everything. The psychological impact seems to be affecting only you. You would do better asking for help in defeating the weapon you claim you can’t beat if it gets a cast rather than asking for a nerf. I hope this helps mate. Cheers

3 Likes

If you made arguments other than personal attacks I wouldn’t call them personal attacks. You are repeatedly calling me biased, jealous, and putting words into my mouth, rather than addressing the actual arguments I’ve made.

When have I done any of those things? Lol please quote them and I will address them individually.

Which is? Psychological impact it has on players? That’s not an argument, it’s a conspiracy theory, with no fact to prove it.

I take it as your post is just a feedback? Because if it’s a feature request, so far you have no solution to offer the Dev to fix this “problem”.

The game have moved on from Divine Protecter’s mata now, so I think you might want to do that as well.

PS. I also regret getting back to the post I have muted. Oh well, I have to let this go as well…

1 Like

I wasn’t going to say anything, but I agree. You coming in here just to name call is pretty bad. Not even I did that.

1 Like

These are personal attacks, not counter-arguments. The closest you’ve come so far to “arguing” against my points is to just deny them. “No it isn’t” is not an argument, however.

You can not actually argue that the weapon is not overpowered; if it was underpowered, it would not be defining the current meta. The power level of the weapon though, as I’ve said several times now, is not the what makes it go from just “an overpowered, frustrating thing” to a problem with the entire game. The problem is the buff it received which placed it into the position of being a major part of the current meta.

The precedent that a weapon can be buffed later and become meta-defining makes a change to how players view the purchase of weekly weapons, and encourages players to make purchase decisions they might otherwise not make because there is that uncertainty about whether what appears now to be a weapon that isn’t worth buying might become invaluable later on; even if it probably won’t.

Lol if those are what you consider personal attacks I pity you. Now I think I will follow @TimeKnight’s lead and also mute this thread. Best of luck to you mate.

Hm, can’t help but notice that once again you conveniently ignored my arguments in order to focus on me instead of my argument. That is what a personal attack in a debate is literally defined as. Go ahead and mute the thread, you haven’t contributed anything to it, and clearly won’t.

I don’t disagree that one possible reaction to DP’s buff is to purchase every time-limited troop or weapon just in case it becomes more powerful later. That being said, I also fail to see a clear call to action here. Here are the best candidates I can manage given your statements thus far:

1. Devs, never buff any event weapon, you might accidentally make it too powerful.
  2. Devs, never buff any event weapon “too much” and if you do, nerf it immediately instead of eventually phasing it out of the meta like all other metas before it.
  3. Devs, don’t deliberately release a weapon that is weak and then buff it later in order to scam money out of your players.
  4. Devs, make sure there is a way to obtain event weapons after the fact so that if you accidentally overcorrect one, players can purchase it later.

Many of the responses you are getting assume your call to action is #3. This is because the prevailing opinion is that the changes to DP were made in good faith, in an attempt to bring the weapon to relevancy; there was no malicious intent here. I think you’d find most support if you were arguing for #4.

2 Likes

Takes one to know one, don’t it? I embrace my cynical demeanor :grin:
But I did respond with a negative comment to your negative comment, and 2 negatives = positive… namaste :pray:

The main reason I don’t have a specific call to action is that it’s hard to say exactly what the best solution is. There are a number of factors which contributed to this situation occurring, and it’s more the combination of these factors which is the problem, more than any one in particular.

I am wanting to make the devs aware of the unintended impact of the buff, and the pressure it puts on players spending decisions so that they can decide how best to avoid reproducing this problem in the future.

See above. I meant to mute this. If I could lock it, I would.

Not that anyone has cared enough to comment on it, but I’m currently running a defense team with Elemental Bow doing exactly what Divine Protector does, and it’s 50/50 this week and went about 65/35 last week. Its not JUST this weapon.

i think that techn9neee guy is the worst thing about this game :sunglasses:

1 Like

The problem with everything Divine-related is, and has always been, that Divine is a bloated overpowered mess of a troop type due to just lazily slapping it on every second or third mythic troop.

Like, there’s a reason people complained about Ishbaala but not Forest Guardian or King Silenus or King Highforge or Gar’Nok (all of which also have “Troop Type starts with 50% mana” traits).

Pretty much every mythic with a divine type should have it stripped from them. Ideally, all mythics should be X/Boss, giving godslayers a non-raid reason to exist (and hey, they’re godslayers after all)

1 Like

My argument against making player-controlled Boss types has always been that makes it take more thought to design godslayers that feel powerful within their event.

But it’s been practically a year of godslayers and maybe 2 of them have felt very relevant?

It feels more like, on that note, Tower of Doom is what they wanted to make but had too many features to do all at once. So we got:

• Raid/Invasion/Pet Rescue, which shared a common sigil-based event structure and scaling stats plus troop restrictions.
  • Bounty hunts, which let players choose a level for that event structure.
  • Delve, which adds “a level is a room with multiple paths” to that concept.

It culminates in Tower of Doom, which may or may not be their final design goal, but it is a refinement of all of those features.

Pulling it back towards the thread’s topic (sort of):

• Divines were the result of letting lore make creature type decisions and accidentally stacking a creature type.
  • At endgame, they’re only one of many teams I have to be careful with, I hardly believe DP is the worst thing about the game still and honestly every month it feels weaker.
  • I don’t expect godslayers or siegebreakers to become relevant, they were throwaway ideas made to take steps towards a bigger thing.

Basically: I have a feeling the devs are satisfied they’ve “fixed” Divines, and even if they aren’t I don’t think their solution will involve retrofitting old troops. The pattern they tend to use is “pick the favorite troop on the broken team and make it suck, repeat until nobody’s happy”. It’s a good reason to not constantly ask for nerfs. It’s a good way to get “all mana-generating troops”, “all exploders”, and “whether you get a mana surge on certain matches” adjusted.

And we all know the real core of everything we hate in the game starts with free turns. That’s the real worst thing. We don’t love to hate free turns, we hate that we love them.