Devouring a troop with barrier gives you its barrier

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I had my Kerberos devour a Celestia with an active barrier. He gained the life and attack like normal, but also gained its barrier. At least, he gained the icon for it, and when I clicked on him it said he had a barrier active… he didn’t take any damage before the match ended, though, so I didn’t see whether it actually worked.
What are the steps to make it happen again?
Devour someone with a barrier, presumably.
Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Side note: that defense team of 4 Celestias is a cruel idea.

PS: I didn’t think of it before posting, but maybe this is intended behavior? You gain the target’s life and armor, after all, so I guess I could understand gaining its special magic armor too.

This is correct and supposed to happen… was written in a preview or patch notes somewhere…

Indeed.

Does it also passes along poison, burn and other effects for consistency?

That’s a cool idea. At least Poison and Disease make sense. I could see an argument against Burn. It’s basically a well-done meal; your belly doesn’t catch on fire.

No it doesn’t… I’m in two minds on that… Feels consistent, perhaps… But Devour is typically hard to trigger, not sure there should be such a downside when you do get it to work…

Point taken. Would be super disappointing for Great Maw’s one devour to also bring poison.

Why, you poison your meal, deserve what you get. :wink: