Dev Q&A Question Gathering Time!

we need a timeline for weapon packs :sweat_smile:

Karakoth, i think.

2 Likes

I think the new Kingdom screen is a big miss. Quests aren’t relevant to the majority of people in the game. You complete them, they’re done, and you never go back. It’s the Kingdom piece that’s really critical.

What you want is the most valuable information at a glance. What’s my power level at? What’s the tribute? What’s the stat bonus? That information should be front and center. I don’t want to have to click through a bunch of different sub-menus to see that. Give me that info on the intro screen, then allow me to dig deeper if I want to take an action.

The only thing good I see here is that the Explore box shows you the color of the Arcane.

2 Likes

I can add that to my timeline at http://gowdb.com/extras/timeline, but I’d need the data first.

1 Like

I know it’s over and I missed my chance. I’m putting this here almost as a reminder to myself and I won’t be upset if somebody beats me to it and puts this question to the devs next time:

Are there any decks (from past versions of the game) that the designers intended for players to discover but we collectively failed to do so?

Pssrt, @Delinquent, quests are going to be replayable for higher rewards. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Now that is interesting news!

1 Like

I may be wrong… but wasn’t it War and peace that could be gained from a series of quests in Khaziel?
But maybe Fire & Ice is from Khaziel too. Sun & Moon had been released the same day as the other two and was only available in the shop with gems. I had never suspected it was from a specific kingdom.

These weapons aren’t from a specific Kingdom, but they were released as Event Weapons (purchased with Glory) during that Kingdom’s Event Week. So arguably, they should reappear as IAPs during that Kingdom’s Event Week again.

1 Like

No kidding? Well I criticized the new interface that Sirrian posted, citing that the Quests area took up a disproportionately huge area for how much utility it provided. Looks like I was wrong on that one, but I didn’t know! I’m very happy to find out there are going to be new-ish game modes.

Very interesting news! Nonetheless, I still think the critical info people care about should all be on the first screen.

1 Like

i think the quests still shouldnt take the bigger part of interface → the rewards still wont be better then pvp, and it will just result in another trap for low level players who are scared of pvp (probably have no clue of guilds) and are thinking quest farming is a good deal

but its good to hear they will be playable with some “relatively better” rewards

agreed

4 Likes

This is the best news ever, I LOVE the quests and storyline - I hope we will be able to re-read it - more than anything else because the lore in this game is absolutely awesome! :smiley: Can’t wait!

2 Likes

lol scared? You know what, I’m glad the devs went out on a limb and changed the whole UI if that’s enough to make you bitter about playing the game anymore.

Very elitist of you to make these statements regarding players you no nothing about anymore than the devs who bank on their data which they never share openly but selectively tout when replying to any one here on the forum.

lol scared…

1 Like

@Smuggler007

Yeah, I’m not farming Explore because I’m scared of PVP, but because it’s the only way to stay sane.

Also I can play with something else than meta-counter teams.

1 Like

I usually tend to agree with most things you say - especially concerning the UI/health issues - but this time I have to disagree.

This game isn’t all about rewards. I know PVP gives way better rewards than explore, yet explore is all I ever do. Simply because I find it incredibly fun and relaxing. In PVP I have to focus and concentrate while in explore I can just relax, sit back and zone out with my mind while turning into a zombie and play for hours on a low difficulty. It’s absolutely calming after having had a hard day. I couldn’t care less what rewards explore gives, it’s the game mode I enjoy.

What I love about GoW is the lore and the characters. That was what got me into the game and kept me so far (despite the UI trying to murder my health). So making quests replayable is for people like me is an absolute blessing, simply because I prioritize lore over gold and glory and trophies while PVP is the part I hate the most because it is not relaxing for me and I also cannot play with the characters I like there because specific teams are basically required.

I’m not even disagreeing about the new UI layout - for me, the important part is that the buttons are gone; I actually like the current layout with every option in the kingdom menu being equal size, quite alright aside from sidescrolling in those with minigames and the green button, so I’m not even wanting the quest section to be bigger than the others.

All I’m saying is that I’m largely agreeing with @CSZ and that you should maybe consider that everyone prioritizes different things and plays this game for different reasons before you accuse players of being “scared” or “trapped” when in reality, they might just simply like different aspects of the game than you do. Just because something is not a “good deal” doesn’t meam it’s not fun. Sitting around and playing a gem-matching game is also not a “good deal” compared to taking on a second job in RL and earning more money, but I prefer it anyway because it’s fun. :wink:

1 Like

@Saltypatra Finding out that Quests will be re-playable has made my weekend!!

And for the next round of questions:

Would the devs consider removing Hero Change Fee (50 gems) as a VIP bonus, perhaps to either 4, as a stepping stone to VIP 5 or at VIP 6 to get so many players like myself who stop at VIP 5 to take the plunge to 6??

5 Likes

That was a question that was on the list for this Q&A, but apparently didn’t get answered :frowning: It’s frustrating that you can’t switch for free, because I love playing with my hero, but the game basically tells me “no!” every time I want to switch classes within that damnable 48h period.

1 Like

It did actually get answered - it’s not doable because of programming. It has something to do with the old way before the game was on unity, if I remember correctly, and now it cannot be really changed anymore. At any rate, it’s not doable.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! From the discussion above I got the impression it was setting different hero classes as the defense for various Guild Wars days that wasn’t doable because of legacy code. I can’t imagine they can’t do anything about changing the cost of switching classes though. Maybe they can’t remove the cost completely, but even reducing it to one gem or changing it to a gold cost would help tremendously.

2 Likes