Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

I quite enjoy the new Dev Q&A. Coming from other gaming communities where communication with the devs just don’t happen and the community managers are basically invisible, this is a breath of fresh air.

What I enjoy the most is when they go a bit more in-depth in development decisions. Like the process of why they decided to rework the hero classes and the future plan to change existing kingdoms. It’s interesting to get a look behind the curtain.

I also enjoy the random lore bits. This is in parts an rpg game and the lore is something that don’t shine through as well in-game as it deserve. The flavour text that came with the new cards/wep this week is hilarious, and it’s a shame most players will not even know it exist.
It can be added to the news tab, put in a lore tab on the right side, add a lore button to the kingdom or directly on a troop/wep, or all of the above.

When it comes to maps; since the beginning of the game I have hoped we would get the lock picking mini game from Puzzle Quest to use the maps on as well. For the people not enjoying playing mini games, just make it so we can turn the maps into gold in the soulforge.

3 Likes

Not as much toxic and more like people still thinking they are the queen/king of the ball on highschool or some other non-sense because social behavior is mostly about power struggles. To a certain degree everyone thinks their stuff is more important than other’s stuffs, some entitlement here and there, but eh… That’s usual on the internet i would say.

1 Like

This isn’t a toxic game community. Granted, like every other game community, you have 1 or 2 toxic people that crawl in. Just like life, there is always a few dbags around.

8 Likes

I agree with @Razzagor and @Ashasekayi on this. It’s just a few people and those are… hm, they aren’t bullying others or anything; they just think that their opinions - and for the Q&A specifically, questions - are automatically right because they play since a long time, are in very high-ranking guilds and/or are of a high VIP level. Or just because they are dbags, yeah.
It’s just that when you have 200 nice people and one dbag and that one rains hate upon you, that’s what you tend to remember. :confused:

2 Likes

Just wanna say I thoroughly enjoyed the Q&A. I get how some might think the important questions weren’t answered, but I think a lot of them were and it was great to get more insight into how things came to be in the game :slight_smile:

My favourite part was someone pointing out how Suna was “related” to Anu though :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey, did they answered if they plan to make Troop exclusive quest line (like have Mad Prophet in your party and make his own great adventure, where we would learn why he looks so sad in his picture. Also, it could enhance some Traits on said Troop as a Reward, or even replace an old trait for a new one. Or get a new Portrait for said Troop).
Did they tell us more about the lore of Mythics, legendaries and so on? Why does a Troops is Mythic? What did they do to get this Status in their respective Kingdom??

I wish they had more lore… it´s so plain the way it is right now. It could be so awesome!

They could have a separate podcast or something to cover all the lore that exists, lol

I don’t know if you watched or not, but they did have a section discussing about the lore.For example, that they would like to make a way to have all the lore in the game available to players to enjoy, somehow :slight_smile: It might mean a lot of work on their part to organize it into a format people could use, so I would assume it would take a while.

I missed it =(
working hours last days were crazy…

It´s nice of them to add lore stuff. It´s always cool to set some depth to the game.

1 Like

All this love is warming my heart. I am glad you are enjoying our streams. I love doing them and think they are really valuable.

1 Like

It would be nicer if Sirrian would sit in a big chair, grab his “Big Ol’ Book of Stories” and read it to us trough the night before we sleep…:star_struck: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, the lore is mostly my favorite part in the game.

6 Likes