Design-a-Troop VOTING TIME (Spell and Colour!)

The time is here, to vote on your favourite spell and colour combo!

Please be aware that these are subject to our balancing at the end of the day. Without further ado, vote away!

• Shimmra - Nether Shock - 10 Red/Purple (Mana-burn an enemy and stun them. If they use blue mana, deal 8 additional damage and gain 8 mana back.)
  • Rickygervais - Superconductor - 11 Blue/Yellow (name & mana color added by Infinity) - (Destroy gems in x shape, submerge and deal 15 true damage to the first troop boosted by blue gem destroyed.)
  • Zuboki - 12 Blue/Yellow - Taser Dive (Stun and deal [magic/2+5] damage to a chosen enemy, double if the enemy is not submerged. Afterwards, submerge the enemy and myself.)
  • VegaDark541 - 12 Purple/Blue - Sonic Shockwave (Stun all enemies. Submerge all allies. Gain an extra turn.)
  • Jainus - Octo-Shock - 12 Green/Yellow (Choose a colour. Destroy 8 gems of the chosen colour. Deal [magic+something] true damage to each enemy of that colour.)
  • Necrotius - Surprise Tentacles (added by infinity) - 14 Purple/Yellow - (Deal (1/2 magic+ x) true damage to the first two enemies and stun them. Silence and drain the mana of the last troop.)
  • Venar - Sink - 12 Blue/Red (Entangle, Stun, and Disease an enemy, and steal half itā€™s mana. Explode the bottom row.)
  • Avistoo - S.T.A.L.K. - 15 Yellow/Red Mana (Infinity has added Red) (Barrier, Enrage, and Submerge myself, then remove all gems of a chosen enemyā€™s mana color and Hunterā€™s Mark them.)

0 voters

5 Likes

Honored to be one of the finalists again, good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Me too. Bumpā€¦

1 Like

most of these spells looks fun :smiley:

1 Like

Aw bummer, I guess Iā€™m the odd man out thinking these arenā€™t particularly compelling. :confused: Some are just really similar to things we already have, or are otherwise not things I would foresee people/myself using.

2 Likes

Voted for Zuboki (very thematic!) and Shimmra (Mana Burn (shock)). The troop that will have this spell is a Shocktopus after all.

What I donā€™t understand is why everyone is focusing on Shocktopus whereas the name will be chosen next weekā€¦

The theme chosen is here. According to the description, there is no electric power involved, and the theme could be resumed to: an anti-Kraken troop. None of the 8 options are good counters to Kraken (heā€™s immuned to Stunā€¦)ā€¦

If only organisers remind the different resultsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m confused why isnā€™t @turintuor suggestion in the poll when it had more likes than some of the suggestions that were added to the poll?

My best guess is because Iā€™m living in Japan so on, devs consider that Iā€™m not eligibleā€¦ Not sure what resident means as Iā€™m also a french residentā€¦
But if itā€™s case, better than saying nothing, devs could say which participants are eliminate because of these rules: I would have given my suggestions to a guildmate, so he could have participateā€¦

Or they didnā€™t like my suggestion :stuck_out_tongue: .

I assume you mean @turintuorā€™s suggestion for an inverted Kraken, rather than his joke / troll suggestions further down. Devs pick the ideas that they like - the ā€˜likesā€™ received in the thread might correlate with that, but arenā€™t a guarantee factor. In this case I guess the devs felt it was too similar to existing troops, and possibly doing too much for an epic troopā€™s spell.

Maybe I get punished: ā€œno joke allowedā€.

In this case, they miss the copy-paste of Khorvashā€™s spell :stuck_out_tongue: .

Iā€™m glad that your suggestion is in good conditions to win: at least, we will have something usable :wink: .

1 Like

You never know what troops they already have in the pipeline. We also donā€™t know, exactly, what they consider acceptable for the Epic power level.

The one I liked most of yours was probably what they consider a legendary power level, so they probably excluded that one right off. I also really like @Rickygervais, but I wanted to see a row and column destruction too, for all 8 arms hitting the board. I like @Jainus troop as well, but dislike the green as the color seems out of place for Mech design, while giving Mechs a much needed boost, I think.

Of course I also believe the first community designed troop should be above average power level for the rarity.

2 Likes

I vote for @Venar I can see myself using this troop.

ā€¦you know that Venar troop can actually fill itself full when it drains high-mana troop like the mythics. Would have been such a fantastic troop to use in the Guild Wars too, no doubt.

Ack, err, wow, euh, sorry, but I canā€™t win a prize because of location. I donā€™t mind participating for fun, so err, either keep my suggestion there and I officially decline any prize, or remove it, or someone else suggest my exact idea?

(Sorry, should have said in my post that I canā€™t really win)

2 Likes

I think they should just take the best idea then reward the next best idea thatā€™s eligible. Seems like a win-win to me.

1 Like

This location rules are just stupid for that contest. You donā€™t win $ or a xbox, you win ingame content.

Laws are laws. If youā€™re out, then take it up with your legal system.

Iā€™m sure the team would rather it involve everyone if they could.

Federal Regulation

Criminal Code
In its simplest form, gambling involves a prize, a chance and a consideration (money or other economic value) exchanged. Business promotions that are a combination of these three elements constitute a form of gambling. Most businesses circumvent the gambling characterization by removing or changing one of these three elements. For example, the business charges nothing (no consideration) for its customers to win a prize. Perhaps skill (as in answering a question) replaces random chance. These contests, prizes and games are technically not gambles. They are legal and unregulated.

Just gotta remind myself Iā€™m not 8th out of 8, Iā€™m 8th out of lots lol.

5 Likes

Octo-Shock is bloody creative. Color-based targeting has potential, and this is a good way to implement it. Very glad to see it ahead in the poll for now.

Still not clear on how weā€™ve got a merfolk - maybe itā€™ll be an octopus-person with a cyborg electro-pulse generator designed by Tesla.

5 Likes