Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

As you can see in the circled section, each room gives 3 rewards. In this case, you have 400 delve gold that will get increased by whatever total delve multiplier you have at time that you beat the room. The other plain “gold” is the regular gold you get during fights like explore/challenges/etc.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! But why does the regular gold not go into my total account? I just did the sums and it only added the “delve gold” after the match?!

If that happened, you should probably report it as a bug.

Oh okay, I will test again tomorrow. Out of runs for today. May I messed up …

This is my fast team for Hall of Guardian’s Faction Event today. Boss room is slow because of stoneskin traits? What is even that? :wink:

Screenshot_2018-10-23-15-24-14-1

Dawnbringer is the main attacker troop here. Obsidian Golem is great for dealing with Hall of Guardian troops, and can be useful sometimes against Dwarven Gate, Dark Monolith, or other Golems. Queen Aurora and Scorpius is just there for traits. Won’t work as well past Level 100.

I use this team until Level 90. Have to spend 30 gems as 3rd Valraven is nowhere to be found. Might possible with just 2 Valravens and zero Tier if you get Faeries Ring room 3 times in total.

I use Forest Troll - WorldBreaker - Emperor Liang- Jar of Eyes or Trickster Shot (Titan), All Seeing Eye Banner for HoG faction farming. Basically load WB and take out everyone. Hero is just there to use leftover green and get FT started.

Probably would work at least as well (if not better) with Green Seer instead of Liang. Good for up to about 100 as well.

1 Like

I use

Winter orb
Skadi
Aurora
Aurora

As a heads up, Dragon’s Eye no longer leaves a very weak 12 HP Baby dragon anymore. While it is still weaker than the troop, it’s not as efficient as before.

So what’s the ideal lineup for Hall of Guardians faction team? Trying to clear 200 there and running into same issue I had with ASE, get to the last room fine, put up a decent fight and then get overwhelmed by the boss team.

Boss room can be overwhelming hard compared to 2 previous rooms. But at Delve Level 200, it’s very managable with the right team position.

You can use the quote to see my progress. To sum up, it’s Silent Sentinel/Ethereal Sentry/Arcane Golem/Gargoyle. Keep using Ethereal Sentry to buff itself and let your Silent Sentinel died. Skull spamming stunned troop my semi-Mang troop can be quite quick. Use your Gargoyle to take out theirs. Once only there are only Ethereal Sentry and Arcane left on their side, it’s hard to lose now if you don’t let them took any skulls.

6 Likes

Thinking of ways to handle high level delves without Dragon’s Eye. Some of these have been discussed already, don’t mean to steal any ideas.

Doubling Damage: (add Ubastet if possible)
Cauldron *

Scaling Damage: (add Ubastet if possible)
Shadow-Hunter
Mang *
Tesla
Yasmine’s Pride + Bul’Tauros or Yao
Earth’s Fury + Gargoyle
Xathenos
Charm spell

Scaling Life:
Yasmine’s Pride

Lethal Damage:
Scorpius + Euryali, Magnus, or Shadow Dragon
Megavore + looping (such as Alchemist / Hellcat / Megavore / Megavore)

Devour:
Great Maw (Timeknight: Maw / Alch / Dawnbringer / Wrath)
Gelatinous Cube + A. Weaver (such as Cube / Weaver / Apo / Syl)

Etc:
Doomskulls (such as MC or Gorgotha / Gla / Apo / Bloodhammer)
Mana drain (such as Dracos), silence, extra turns, barrier, and/or summoning
Pharos
Bonnie + gold gen

(*) Such as Dragonguard with Fireblade talent for triple skull damage against burning. Burn with Infernus, Silenus, Stonehammer, or War. Also might use Queen Ysabelle or Keeper of Souls, Glaycion, Wrath etc.

For HoG I might try Dragonguard hero Mang / Weaver / Infernus / Liang.

12 Likes

Nice suggestions. :+1:

I have just one thing to say now that Dragon’s Eye has been nerfed (or any transform).
Why not use Dragon’s Eye along with Dragon Crunsher (if applicable) for a 50% chance to devour these pesky little babies?!

6 Likes

Love that someone actually made a great suggestion rather than crying over a balancing change.

7 Likes

i posted 2 teams on Sep 11th under topic “Best delves strategy” 2 teams with dragon cruncher. problem is: cruncher is not allowed in Hall of Guardians.

2 Likes

grafik
grafik

4 Likes

maybe someone can build something out of that :slight_smile:

Did one HoG delve with that team, worked ok. I think I like it better than the Maw team.

Then did one with Devoted, to cleanse the silence in the boss room. Bulletes killed Weaver, but finished the delve ok.

Then one with Mang / Devoted / Ish / Infernus for delve level 350. A little unlucky in the boss room, gargoyle killed devoted and no cleanse made mang too slow, lost the delve.

There were a couple times that the burning 3x damage really helped. Also got my first 1000 attack from mang at the Dragon Fountain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of the new rooms added in 4.1 must have been designed by the Bulette room designer, because they were crafted with a special kind of hate. Pure, distilled, crystallized hate toward the player. So many RNG random auto-deaths everywhere /sigh

And then, there is the Scaled Court (Epic).

There is no place in the Underworld remote enough to banish this abomination of a room. If the room doesn’t end the player’s team outright, there’s almost no way outside of extreme luck in the player’s favor to get past this room without casualties, especially when running a faction team.

Double empowered Lamias (yay for free 2x 100+ damage casts on Turns 1 and 2) + a favorable gem converter for them that all-but-guarantees a free cast for them (and if the Lamia take out anyone, they get an automatic free cast of their spell again).

That room is a complete NOPE from me for the rest of eternity.

7 Likes

This gives me a chance to link this post again:

I encountered the Lamia room and the Tidal room, consecutively, in my first Delve after 4.1 went live. Needless to say, my Tesla-based team did not enjoy the rest of that Delve.

I wonder what the end game is for this. To make some rooms so painful that they become automatic skips, reducing resource gain globally?

Edit: Hanlon’s Razor suggests that “someone didn’t think about outcomes” is more likely than “calculated effort by devs to make Delves less profitable”. But sometimes it’s hard to get my gut to agree with my brain.

4 Likes

Perhaps. But, that’s probably a side effect.

The intent behind delves has always been to force players to fight rooms at their limits of capability, with extending that limit only possible through significant investment in hoards. However, crafty players were able to push far beyond what is supposed to be possible at this point in the delves’ lifecycle, as the likely intention was for them not to be cleared at anywhere near max level for a very long time. Yet, here we are. Darn those meddling players.

I still believe that in the long run, there’s going to be something that requires perfect 2500s in a faction that is significant. That’s going to require a level 500 clear with a faction team. And even then, that’s asking for Mission Impossible, because running a faction team in a delve against some of these rooms is equivalent to taking a full bounty team into Battle 20. You’re just asking to lose. I wouldn’t be surprised if a level 500 delve requires a level 500 hoard to even have a remote chance to clear with a faction team by design.

End game… back when 4.0 came out with the Underworld, I reached multiple conclusions about where I thought the game was heading very long-term (I think those were in one of my long rants on the 4.0 beta thread, can’t remember at 2 AM). Very much tinfoil hat territory, as there was no remote information to even qualify my theories. As of the 4.1 release, those are still in tinfoil hat territory, but none of them have been disproven as of yet and will survive until at least another quarterly patch.

That said, I do now have a tentative date in mind of when the other shoe will drop on delves, and that is late April - early May 2019, with the release of Spring quarterly patch. Why then? Because outside of an unlikely additional Overworld kingdom addition, the final Overworld kingdom without a base Mythic will receive theirs on May 3, 2019. (which will it be: Adana, Karakoth, or Sin of Maraj?) At that point, the Overworld will be complete, as I don’t believe that second mythics will be added to Overworld kingdoms (they are heading to Factions next). There will be still be weekly troops for events released, but for all practical purposes, the Overworld can pretty much run on autopilot at that point.

That frees up game progression to focus purely on the Underworld, which has been said by Sirrian to be the primary focus of the game for at least the next year (likely 3 years at one faction per month, barring some type of radical change). What form that takes… no one knows outside of the devs at this point.

But, my central premise that over time, in terms of end-game meta, that most Krystaran-based game modes and rewards which have not been monetized in some way will become increasingly obsolete, if not already there, to push players into the new mode equivalents [ex: donating to treasure hoards replaces donating for LTs for more relevant rewards; see recent threads about the “worthlessness” of LT rewards at end-game] still holds for now.

And now, it’s time for some sleep and a fresh roll of aluminum foil.

4 Likes