Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

This was with Dragon Bond and 50% start. Intended can get bent lol.

3 Likes

The feeling of managing to max a delve outside an event is the best feeling in the entire game.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t know the difference. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I dunno about “best” feeling. When I finished Warrens (the last one I finished outside weekend event", my feelings was more like “Thank God I removed this iron spike from my left eye”.

4 Likes

Sounds like a good feeling at least. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Potionless - The Black Heart pommelled…
Hoard 166 50% bonus
2 Biles
Plaguecrafter
Deathblade
2 Nysha 1 Anu

First room all intact
Second room Forest Troll and co with Fungomancer. Quite frustrating the entangle and disease, but got through.
Third room - Coral Cave - Vodyanoi first target due to his triple damage to your all blue troops. All intact, no real issue
Fourth Room Orcish War Band - Fel Dras… Lost 2nd Bile to her taking it to 16 health with 1 hit. Managed however to slay her first and then let Gornak summon chaffe while true damaging it etc.
Final room - slayed their Deathblade with 25% chance with Plaguecrafter and just skulled through with Bile.

All done without potions, just the final delve left when it’s released. :slight_smile:

However I was not granted the campaign reward for completing a L30 delve - gah.

Possibly achievable with 100 Hoard, but probably will struggle with the Tier V and co, sub 145 hoard and Fel Dras would 1 shot.

Edit I will say this is going to crash on some devices I fear.

4 Likes

So any idea what kind of hoard level would be optimal in Wyrmrun now that the original traits are reverted back? I tried it yesterday and it is brutal now.

1 Like

Imagine a Gems of War demolition derby where the only thing you’re allowed to do is grab skulls. You’ll get more skulls than the opponent overall, but they hit harder. There’s no time to grab mana or cast anything, only skulls.

Then imagine having to do 5 rooms including a forced legendary middle room.

This faction might actually need 100% hoard bonus and a stupidly high hoard count. Or a troop buff. (Terra Wyrm exploding magic amount of gems would help keep skulls under control).

Or… not get the 3rd trait on the troops, which makes it a bit of a design flaw. And this isnt even as good of an answer as it sounds since the first and last room can still do it without your input.

4 Likes

I just did it with the reinstatement of the original traits. Previously potionless 155. I got very close about 5 times with my original 155 hoard and then another at 166. The AI Horned Wyrm, if he kills, is pretty tough with the 10 skulls he creates when there is a sea of the them.

I dropped the legendary Wyrm. The 2 x skulls per turn is very tough when 6 other troops are converting purple to skulls. It works so much better without the Legendary in the none boss rooms too.

It’s much harder with the reinstated traits, as you have to take skulls much more often than just exploding Terra Wyrms.

Team

Terra Wyrm x 2
Horned Wyrm
Nether Wyrm
Eagle Banner - 3 x Nysha
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Is there a bug? I see that trait says that there is a chance to transform purple gem to skull, not skull to purple.

1 Like

Yeah should be convert purple to skulls Purple GW threw me off :grinning::+1:t2:

Another one bites the dust.

Bile Blackheart is just insanely powerful, I went into the Sheggra room with just two of him and my other troops dead. Lost one immediately in the boss room, second one came through.

100 hoard doable.

11 Likes

Well done! What was your hoard level?

It’s in the screenshot. 100.

Assuming endgame (Kingdoms all at 15+) : 150

This was painful

6 Likes

Congrats. I’m thinking of finishing Friday’s new faction. Never done it before and wondering how many shop items I should buy?

If you’re planning to do it in one weekend, you usually need multiple Tier VII purchases. The exact amount depends on how thoroughly you farm for Valravens; if you just sprint to the boss room on each level, you’ll probably need more purchases for the extra sigils than if you search every room looking for the bird.

1 Like

Umbral Nexus: 7600 Chaos Shards for full ascension.

Handy dandy little graphic to tell you how many tiers and how much time depending on the strategy you use.

Retrieved from somewhere on this page: Gems Of War Infographics - Album on Imgur

And for single day assaults (Tuesdays):

• Full floor clear: 5xT7, or 2110+ gems and 7.5+ hours
  • 5-room delves: 7xT7, or 2510+ gems and 4+ hours
  • 4-room delves: minimum of 8xT7, or 2710 gems and 3.3+ hours
  • 3-room delves: minimum of 9xT7, or 2910 gems and 2.5+ hours
3 Likes

Fifth try. 500 potionless. Hoard 200 + 50 % Started with Wisp/Warlock/2x Portal; Dark Court banner.

Middle rooms: Dwarven Gate/King Ironbeard/Apothecary/Lady Ironbeard Glaycion/Winter Wolf/Ice Troll/Snowman Guardian.
One of my portals died in the first room already, middle rooms were okay, then the boss…

There are two main points where you need luck - their Wisp doesn’t target your Portal and you get enough skull matches (ordinary, cascades, whatever) to kill their Wisp as there is no way in the world to reach it with spells sufficiently (scatter damage from Warlock doesn’t really count).

Final troop in initial lineup is up for discussion - Warlock or Paladin. I went for Warlock in case it might finish some truly weakened leftover dude.
I doubt two Wisps would work - both stealthy and that means enemy always targets your Portals.

7 Likes