Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Keeping Hall of Guardians as low level as possible. Going All-Seeing Eye if I want to progress something (haven’t really yet, maybe when the Tuesday event rolls around if I have a lot of time, which doesn’t look good at this point). So long as I have one trivially farmable delve, and preferably have said delve be one that can roll ingots in multiples of 3 on level repeats. Because treasure multipliers are applied to each drop separately and the results are rounded separately, the 2.7 ish modifier you generally get from repeat full clears in Hall of Guardians generally offers much better ingot rewards (when you roll them, you get 3 per roll) than the 2.3ish modifier offered by repeat full clears of All-Seeing Eye (when you roll them, you get 2 per roll).

When a new faction enters, I’ll decide if it is easier or harder and/or offers more reward per time than my current delve. More than likely, I’ll just do whatever the faction event offers me for whatever delve I’m not “farming” and keep my “farming” delve to Hall of Guardians. If I have time to even participate in the faction event.

Remember, it only takes 17 days worth of delve scrolls to completely progress any given faction’s battles to the end, and we are getting factions about one per month. Even if you are so good that you can go all the way to 500 in a straight shot with the factions team at least once at 500 and without losing any troops once, if you are completing every delve scroll every day, you will eventually reach a point where you have to repeat high level delves for the same rewards as level 20 delves within about two months (not considering any faction event). Maybe you’ll have maxed renown in each of those factions by having also having a level 100 hoard and don’t care about leaving a bunch of ingots and a bunch of shards on the table by forefitting half a month of delves every month past this or are a masochist and would do the delves at level 500 full runs anyway. More likely is that you’ll sacrifice most your rewards just to be able to kill the boss and get significantly lower than what I’m getting at level 20 and hope you had enough hoard quality by then that your only have to worry about an extremely low modifier denying you some shards and ingots every run.

Do let me know what your one ingot per day is when you get there, though. If it is always legendary or above, or even just Epic and above, I could see some benefit to leveling a faction asap, at least to the point where I can clear with the faction’s team. I’d still want at least one easy one that I don’t level, though, and preferably not one that is going to have a new faction event associated with it, and preferably one that gives ingot drops in multiples of 3. So, you know, Hall of Guardians.

There is no evidence to suggest that the current level of your delve has anything to do with the rewards you get, only whether or not you increased your former current highest level, and that only matters for the starting modifier. I can parse out all the drops you got from the screenshot you posted above (4 mythic 4 legendary 12 chaos shards 77 glory 15400 gold in a level 5 chest).

A level 5 chest always rolls five drops. Every one of the 12 level 5 chest I’ve gotten across 4 accounts has done this predictably. (I’m not yet sure if lower chests roll less times and worse rewards each time, but it is looking like this may be the case)

Every drop always rounds to the nearest whole number. It rounds every step, even if you get multiple of the same drop. Always half up. (eg., 2x 1 legendary ingot drops with a 2.5 modifier = 6 ingots; 2x 3 shard drops with a 2.85 modifier = 18 shards)

Your base rewards were:

• 1 Mythic Ingot
  • 1 Legendary Ingot
  • 3 Chaos Shards
  • 20 glory
  • 4k gold

And your treasure modifier was 3.85. Had you done the exact same delve with the exact same RNG, but it was a level repeat at your current highest level, no matter which level you are currently at, you’d have ended with a 2.85x multiplier gotten, total:

• 3 mythic ingots
  • 3 legendary ingots
  • 9 shards
  • 57 glory
  • 11,400 gold

I can trace all of the base drops to getting the same drops multiple times opening level 5 chests. I’ve seen shards that can be explained at 3-6 base drops per roll, 4k base gold or a multiple of every time it drops, 20 base glory or a multiple of every time it drops, 1 base ingot or multiple of every time it drops. The same base rewards I’m getting at a level 30 delve. Or a level 20 one. I got these rewards from 3 consecutive repeats of Hall of Guardians at level 30.

(FYI, the animation you get when clicking to open the chest has nothing to do with how many of each drop is rolled. This will always show you 4 drops, regardless of chest, picked at random per type of drop and then repeating if it runs out of unique types. Eg., 4x 1 legendary ingot and 1x 3 shard will display the animation for 2 legendary ingots and 2 shards)

19 Likes