Definitely time to remove the 50 Gem cost for Switching Class

Speaking as someone who deals with programming? The “It’s too complex to change” excuse is BS. While it is true that some systems in a game can be finicky and give random weird issues when changed, it is always the result of making two systems depend on each other in an unforseen way.

All removing the fee would require is to just edit the code so that the variable which tracks if you have changed class yet today does not update when changing class, and then remove mention of costing anything from the page description.

That would effectively remove the fee, without removing any of the code which another system might be depending on for some reason.

8 Likes

No need to go that far. The gem fee is a variable in a file that can be modified when devs want (no need for an update). They can chnage it for 0 gem.

The issue was that they don’t want to show the poor design of changing a class which before requires to go on the map, Hero menu, etc. Now it’s not true anymore so their excuse is not acceptable anymore.

5 Likes

Tried to hit the like button 10 times, but it only left 1 like :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Class Event will start in 2 days.
I expect that devs would look if this event can get as much gems as the class change fee. And maybe if it’s enough, they will remove the fee. But it’s just my assumption.

Not only that but pet events, raids, invasions, bounty, GW etc that all have different teams that work better with a different class to a lot of pvp teams.

Most of my pet event teams use Divine Protector with all divines but I’m currently finishing my Archer class off and since there is no way in hell I am going to spend 50 gems every couple of hours changing classes I’m stuck using Archer and missing a lot with DP. There is also times in PvP when I want to use my Divine team using DP against certain teams but since I can’t change class I’m stuck using a different team.

I would even pay 1 gem to change but I simply can’t bring myself to pay 50 when I’m using 100 a week for the raid/invasion troops, 50 a week in dungeons and more for bounty troops and we are getting less gems now with GW every 2 weeks

5 Likes

Then again, since a class event in two days would seriously interfere with Guild War defense teams, maybe they want so see how many additional players they can encourage to pay the class change fee? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sure it’s this weekend? I had the impression it’s still at least a week away.

Are you talking about the class event? If you are the games menu shows next class event as coming in 1 day 20 hours

Thanks, that’s going to be awkward. It’s for the Rune Priest, right? Participating in the class event will set all Guild War defenses to the Rune Priest class, which is unlikely to improve defense win rates. I should probably rethink my defense teams, the current class design just has too much punishment waiting for using the hero.

Thursday’s class event will be Dragonguard based on the class logo in the Games menu. Mid-week class events are always existing classes.

The weekend class event coming in 1.5 weeks appears to be Runepriest. Weekend class events are new classes.

6 Likes

Okay, that explains why I still had Runepriest with more than a week to go in mind, they probably added in the Dragonguard event just recently. Who knows, if they designed it well we might even be able to attend without having to switch our class. The game could just pretend we are playing as Dragonguard for all the event battles, or let us play as any class and still award Dragonguard XP. :pray:

3 Likes

I hope so I don’t want to switch to Dragonguard for a day I’m not ready to start levelling it up now.