Custom Troop Creator - Share your creations!

I think it looks really good, the spell walks that fine line between being OP and being useful so well done

This is my serious attempt at creating a mythic i hope would actually be added to the game, any thoughts/criticism?

3 Likes

I have a server on Discord for more than a year posting a custom mythic every month. Check it out.

I risk coming off sounding rude, but the Mythic you’ve introduced would play like an even less fun version of the legendary troop Lyrasza.

It wasn’t fun paying 16 mana to sometimes explode 7 gems, or to sometimes to do damage to all enemies, or sometimes to just jumble the board and get an extra turn.

So paying 24 mana to sometimes explode 10 gems, or sometimes to do damage to 1 enemy, or sometimes to jumble the enemy team, or sometimes to devour a random enemy just isn’t great for fun. The “or devour a random enemy” mechanic is already seen on Mimic/Hoard Mimic and this troop reads like its in the middle of a Mimic and a Hoard Mimic.

At the end of the day, it is your troop though so it can do whatever you want it to do.

You could probably get away with doing a Tinseltail/Huanglong approach: “Explode 10 Gems, with a x% chance for each of the following: Deal damage to all enemies, Jumble the Enemy Team, Devour a random Enemy.” and still blend in with Gems of War.

(Also, the formatting of Tinseltail and Huanglong are quite different despite being the same concept. Wish they would pick a style of writing a troop and stick with it).

The traits: 3 unique traits on a troop makes no sense, so I expect to see it in Gems of War by 2025. Creating a Doomskull while the board is exploding gems really makes no sense.

2 Likes

I see your points, thank you for the constructive criticism. I dont think you were rude

2 Likes

Hi @TheIdleOne, @Tigress,

First awesome to see those self-made create troops!

I think that the power lies in if someone ask for serious feedback
What will Tigress like more:

• Many replies with awesome, great troop, like it, or I hope it comes in game!
  • Then your reply was not a quick look and shout something.
    No, If I read it you have taken it up in your mind and give an honestly clear vision of how you see it and give idea’s how it can be work better…
    :wink:
1 Like

What website are y’all using to create these awesome looking Troops?

go

release your creativity ! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Since we wait other last zodiac troops. I made this

Sin of Maraj is one of those kingdoms that have only 2 mythic (except nexus and hellcrag got 1) … And yes Karakoth only 1 if we dont count Zuul …

So, here Caprichorn !
A weird name, a celestial trait and a mixed daemonic feeling just to fit in that kingdom.

Any thoughs ? :hot_face:

edit: i was thinking bout some immunities but i dont know :melting_face:

1 Like

Well… its different that current mythics, I’ll give it that…

A spell can’t pick 2 different targets with the way this game is made, so when you pick an enemy to damage, you later won’t be able to pick which ally you want to devour…

So at that point, your spell is devour a random ally if an enemy dies. Or I guess if you come back to specify which slot that devour will end up… devouring.

Random ally could be ok

If interested for more custom mythic, please visit or subscribe to my discord server. I post at least one custom mythic per month.

2 Likes

I dont understand Off Target trait
Is powerful! Very similar to Tina :heart_eyes: and then, instead of boost armor, it boosts all allies random stats like Shahbanu. Woa

Off Target mean that your opponent cannot target a troop and be certain that it will hit that troop since there’s 50% chance to hit the wrong target.

I liked it. But I think the troop type should be Daemon / Wildfolk (like every other goat in the game).

Perhaps this troop would be the first one to represent a goat following the cristian perspective (goats as demons or the “bad guys”) and not the pegan one.

Thanks for your feedback. My friend GEM mentioned the same.
Revised to Boss and to 28 Mana cost.