Cursed gnome droprate

A lot people are having terrible luck even with the fastest team.

So I’m pretty sure what they have done is boost the chance of any random gnome being a cursed gnome. But the base frequency of a gnome showing up outside of Vault event is very low and the base frequency of a gnome being a cursed gnome is also very low. So if the chance of a gnome being cursed has been, say, tripled, it still means you have an extremely low chance of seeeing them over this week, and basically no chance of seeing them after.

But since the soulforge recipes are basically useless any way (writs for doom scrolls is crazy, medals you are better off gambling, a useless mythic, useless weapons) I’m just writing the whole thing off as irrelevant, along with getting kingdoms to level 20

9 Likes

I agree for the most part, the one thing is the pet is from Broken Spires which is very limited on pets so that as well as the mythic could potentially hold up power level upgrades at some point. The fact that if rates are truly going to be even worse in the future and people are already demoralized by its current boosted state it is only going to be worse going forward without some change. I grind pretty hard so I’ll get it eventually but it’s excessively low for anybody that doesn’t have as much time to grind to ever get any of this new content completed

1 Like

Best guess it will go the way of war coins - once it stops making any money from flash offers and baits they will eventually start releasing them in Adventure Board and daily deals

3 Likes

Have yet to find a single cursed gnome. I’m not grinding for this BS anymore. Grinding for the kingdom battlecrasher was painful enough.

Devs created another limited resource and tied it to an almost non-existent way to earn it. This is worse than war coins and chaos shards.

Hoping to find 1 in explore is damn near impossible it seems. The Devs should instead redo the Vault and Epic Vault enemy troop teams. Keep Cedric, but the 3 other 3 gnomes should all just be random gnomes. At least than you might have a chance of actually getting 1.

5 Likes

I think you all misunderstood the dev’s intention. The Cursed Gnomes sadistically low drop rate is meant for devs to celebrate 6.1 Update. It is not meant for you. Their “celebration” is to to watch your mental agony. It is nice.

Allegedly, they also like to torture kittens and during the time of “celebration” for 7 days they increase their milk drop from one drop per week to twice a week. It brings a smile on their faces. They fondly call it the “Cursed Milk”.

9338d0b5044db4f28f13b347fd3460391

Allegedly, because of trauma, some of them developed identity crisis.

2 Likes

I don’t how you get the idea but I’m not happy with the ridiculous drop rate.
I’m happy with the bonus vault event, maybe you sense that =)

Did not get a cursed gnome yesterday (around 200 fights) , and nothing so far today.
When you think about “310 Runes for lvl20 cosmetic pet” I’m definitely not happy

5 Likes

I did 100 fights yesterday just to see. Got two Soul Gnomes lol

1 Like

It’s the weekend. They don’t seem to read the forums much at all but definitely not in evenings and weekends

1 Like

Yeah, but we started talking about it way before the weekend… :unamused:

255 battles

2 Likes

I just find it difficulty to understand that their choice was to not communicate about it at Thursday/Friday. Perhaps they were not able to fix this those days since people were missing from the Dev team those days, so they thought it would be better to be silent or something.

I’m not sure why you find lack of communication surprising; it is their MO.

7 Likes

800 battles. 2 gnomes

1 Like

3 days into this “boosted” gnome drop rate. 0 cursed gnomes.
Do you know how terrible you look when you introduce a new feature and then FAIL to provide the resources it requires?

8 Likes