CONSOLE: Tastes Like Chicken

Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/console-tastes-like-chicken/
It’s a double course on the menu!

New Troop: Dragon Cruncher

We ALL know that Ogres like to eat things, so there’s no surprises what Dragon Cruncher’s favorite meal is. He is the Gordon Ramsay of Draconic Dinners, the Jamie Oliver of Lizardly Lunches, and the Ronald McDonald of Drake-away food.

Now, you might say that there aren’t any Dragons IN the Drifting Sands, and you’d be right! But there used to be a lot before Dragon Cruncher got there. So now he’s looking for a new dragon-infested home, and maybe YOU can help him find it.

New Troop: Mad Prophet

The Mad Prophets are holy men who have wandered into the Drifting Sands from the Leonis Empire, seeking inspiration and guidance from their god, Anu. It’s uncertain if any of them ever find it there, but they certainly DO manage to find madness, thirst, blisters, and a lot of hungry monsters who like snacking on crazy old holy men.

Please note this Event only applies to PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

2 Likes

Nice, some mono purples to help trait the sorcerer class. Will there be any other glory bundle troops in addition to these, like there have been the past two weeks?

My guess would be imps

1 Like

@Sirrian

Anything new added directly to chests?

Corrupt Sorceress and Remnant are being added to chests this week.

The bonus glory troop for this week is Sacrificial Priest

2 Likes

And Draakulis on Friday?

I believe Draakulis in 2 weeks as War and Famine just came out last week.

Ah ok. If I may, I’d like to ask when we’re getting Desdaemona, the Imps and Naga Queen as well please?

1 Like

Oh no, I already did the video for it omitting that troop. xD

We’ll make sure to try and get the info about direct-to-chest troops & extra glory troops into the blog post from now on… sorry about that!

5 Likes

@Sirrian Can you also confirm the glory troops are not going to be available in chests like the PC version? It appears as if the past couple weeks’ worth of troops are not yet dropping.

Confirmed… in GENERAL if we put something in the store for Glory, then it will 4 weeks until it arrives in chests.
That is the case with Mad Prophet & Dragon Cruncher today.
Sacrificial Priest was, however, mistakenly released on 2.0.5’s launch, so he’ll remain in chests.

1 Like

Can anyone please tell me what kind of arcane traits are in this week’s reward chests?

I’m dying to know and won’t see my console for 8 hours! :smiley:

Cheers!

beast, plains, death

also got naga queen from gem chests

1 Like

Yep, can confirm Naga Queen in chests now.

1 Like

Can any PC players confirm or deny an increase in dragon teams since the release of the Dragons Claw kingdom?

Dont plan on using Dragon Cruncher but may if he can be used often.

Yeah I see dragon teams when I play mobile version. And captain crunch has impervious too.

1 Like

Fair play, I’ll get him and trait him so. Probably nice to have in the arsenal

Is the available troops now at 227? I’ve currently got 225 troops and I’m missing Corrupted Sorceress and the Naga Queen.

Dark channel on the sorcerer class doesn’t work properly. I’ve started a new thread in the PS support section. It’s only given magic once in 20 games and it’s supposed to be a 50 per cent chance every turn! Anyone else confirm this?