Console Server Migration

Hey, Console Folks!

It’s your turn for server migration this week!
Hopefully, most of the problems were found and fixed with the PC/Mobile migration last week, but I’m sure there will be a couple of issues as we move you across, unique to consoles! Hopefully they’re minor, but regardless, we have the whole team standing by to address anything that comes our way.

Migrations will probably start about 6-7 hours after this post, and we’ll create a stickied thread to keep you updated as we did for the PC/Mobile version last week!

7 Likes

Wait… they didn’t start already? I figured that was the reason for all the server craziness with people being kicked from their guilds, showing wrong numbers, chat going crazy, etc… separate issue?

That’s old servers’ dying gasp, I’m afraid… it’s why we’re getting people out as fast as we can!

4 Likes

Must be dying alright. Proceed with caution, Everyone.

I already galloped out before the game went nuclear and just destroyed everything around me. Start the procedure anytime :slight_smile:

1 Like

I notice that the Server Migration thread has been closed, so I didn’t know where to post this comment.

I had no problems playing yesterday (Monday, January 23). However, this morning, from 3:00am - 3:30am Central Time, I get a Server Error message following the “Loading…” screen. It states, “Our servers are currently experiencing difficulties. We’re working to fix the problem. Please wait a few minutes and restart the game.”

Considering that the original Console Migration thread had been closed without reporting any real problems, I guess that I am surprised that I am receiving this message this morning. Are there issues that are still being addressed with respect to console (Xbox) server migration?

Assuming you’re referring to this post/thread:

Then it’s closed so it can be posted in only by devs, allowing it to be only about the status of the migration rather than comments while it’s occurring. It is still on going from the looks of it, and @sirrian did mention in the updates that they had some issues with XBox migrations. So keep an eye on the thread, and I guess posting any issues in this thread is the best idea.

1 Like

OK. Thank you for the response.

Considering that the 4am GMT message was posted 5 to 6 hours ago, I just thought that I would note that I am unable to sign on on Xbox One with the message received as stated. Normally completely quit out of the game when I am done playing, and have quit several times this morning after receiving that message.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Saw message from @Sirrian about server migration being complete at 11am GMT. At 11:05am GMT, I am still receiving the same “Our servers are currently experiencing difficulties” message on Xbox One. Please note that I started from a clean boot of Xbox One, after having quit the game the last time I attempted connecting earlier this morning.

Submitted a support ticket 15 or 20 minutes ago for tracking purposes.

EDIT: Same “server difficulties” login result an hour later, at 6am Central Time. Unable to log in.

Edit 2: Same issue at 7:30am Central Time / 1:30pm GMT. Cannot check again until after work today.

A noticeable improvement! No issues so far from what we can tell.

XB1

Hi @EnsignGarak,

We’ll have our team back in the office about 8 hours from now.
I’ll get leave a note for them about your connection issues.

1 Like

I also am having the same issue with Xbox as stated above. I am unable to log in as of EST 11:30am

Okay, my brother had no issues when he logged in. I did however. Got the ‘Unable to connect to servers’. It disrupted the normal splashscreens rotation some three times after I hit Retry. After I got the news screen, I quit and relaunched the game. Been playing smoothly and I received the normal mail for my daily login.

Not sure if the error is due to many players worldwide logging in at once aka peak hours, or for being the second one to launch their own account from the same console. It’s still playing normally. Great job, Devs!

Interestingly enough, I am having a similar issue that @EnsignGarak is having, but I am on mobile. It just started yesterday, and only happens when I am on my home wifi. I submitted a ticket to zendesk about the issue, but I thought I would mention it here as well.

I’ve also been experiencing the same issue as @EnsignGarak ever since @Sirrian posted that the migration was complete. Attempting to launch the game on the XB1 results in an continual “servers are experiencing difficulties” error.

6 hours later still getting the same results. I made a new account with my mobile and that is working fine. XB1 continues to tell me “servers are experiencing difficulties” error. I have restarted multiple times now. Any chance we can get an update?

Mobile is on a different setup that consoles (though they are also on the new servers now), so the only thing that really confirms is that the servers aren’t completely dead. It’s coming up to 10am AEST now, so I’m assuming people are in the office and working on the issue as we speak. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

EDIT:

Hey @EnsignGarak, @j3s, and @Bazzoosk,

Unfortunately, during the server migration, we did notice that there was a period of about 1-2 hours where players were getting extra data into their account which was causing the game to produce these errors. This problem should no longer be happening, but is taking a bit of time before it is remedied.

Good news though, I’ve looked into it and your accounts should be working again! Could you check to see if you are getting the same errors now?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I got a “Gems of War needs an update” message upon trying to launch the game. That’s new. Will let you know more in a bit…

EDIT: Hooray! I’m in! Daily Bonus looks like it has calculated correctly. Now I have to check some other stuff.

Thanks so much @GoldPhoenix0 !!!

1 Like

I am up and running, thank you so much for fixing this. Your the best!