Console 2.1.5 Known Issues

Black Beast ate himself? I don’t have the video, but when he activated his spell, he did not consume his last remaining ally. He consumed something since his skills went up. Not sure if it was the previous ally of his who had just been taken out in his weakened state. Seems like, because his skills did not go up by much.

Hi, downloaded GoW last night on the PS4 and everytime I try to play it I get a 503 error. It’s while the game is loading up.

Hi @Bardmaiden,

We are looking into the issue now to see if we can find out what is causing this issue. We have been having server issues in the past couple of days, which may be causing this problem.

To help further, I have sent through a private message asking for more some more information about this situation.

FYI,

The top post has been edited Feb 1st detailing the status of currently known bugs.

1 Like

@Alpheon

As to “Game can randomly hang for an extended period of time when first starting some activities. This doesn’t appear to be consistent. Status: Under Investigation. Any specific details about where these freezes occur and a description on what was happening before it hangs would be appreciated”

I can attest that this has stopped happening ever since I migrated my game install from my external HD to my Xbox HD. I believe this issue is potentially related to having the game installed on an external HD.

I have an addition to the list for the “tasks” section that I’ve experienced multiple times and seen reported by at least 1 other person before.

Occasionally in the morning when I first log in I’ll have tasks like “Complete x explore battles in Glacial Peaks” or “Fight x battles with 3 yellow troops”

Later on when I’m home for lunch I’ll log in and notice the tasks have slightly changed - for instance it will now say “Complete x explore battles in Drifting Sands” or “Fight x battles with 3 green troops”

I have personally made progress towards one of these tasks in the morning, then returned to see the task change (but the progress remains) and now the new requirements are needed to progress the task further.

This does not occur anywhere near the daily reset time. I’ve had this happen to me at least on 3 occasions that I can think of, for xbox.

1 Like

Tasks change when you restart game after daily reset. On xbox I always quit game in dashboard and restart when I start playing for the day.

So do I, you are talking about the regular task reset where the top task is reset every day and the other 3 are reset if you haven’t completed them. I was trying to make it clear this has nothing to do with that. My daily reset occurs at 11 PM. What has happened at least 3 times to me is I log in at, say 9 am, see a task like "“Complete x explore battles in Glacial Peaks” then quit, then return at 1 PM and see the task changed to “Complete x explore battles in Drifting sands” even if I made progress towards the glacial peaks goal at 9 am.

2 Likes

It happens on PS4 too; I boot up the game AFTER the daily reset, see that the 4th task (I’ve seen it only happen with the 4th task) is “Complete X battles with 3 troops from Leonis”, I modify my “daily team” to have the correct troop composition, log out to do something else, and a bit later it has suddenly become something where you need 3 troops from another kingdom…

If only it would happen to the “Level up a kingdom” task :wink:

3 Likes

Make that 3 people that have had this happen. had Divinion Fields, then a few hours later, some kingdom that i have all my troops at level 1, (i think it was drifting sands) and can’t afford the upgrade on:(

1 Like

Been happening to me on ps4 since the Drifting Sands kingdom was introduced I’m pretty sure. I know its been happening to me on ps4 before the Console PVP update.

Lol, I actually don’t mind it changing at all and is reason why it doesn’t get reported much. :wink:

I got the task for “Increase any kingdom’s level.” but all my kingdoms are at level 10.

It’s not a bug, hopefully this is your first task so you only need to wait tomorow to see another task

Certain tasks switching isn’t new. It’s always done that and really isn’t a big deal. Game is playable for the most part from what I’ve seen. Just a server error every now and then which I’m sure the Devs are monitoring closely.

I agree, but it wasn’t in the bug list in the first post until I mentioned it.

1 Like

To expand on this, I believe this occurs when you press “A” as the task notification starts to leave as the game is popping up with the notification for which traitstone you won from the previous match.

Arguably having an impossible task come up should be considered a bug. It’s only not classified as a bug because one of the old console devs said it wasn’t a bug and that it is some sort of mechanism to help newer players catch up - there are new console devs now who may have a different outlook on the situation, as that reason seemed more like a “it would take too much work to actually address this so we are going to to come up with really bad reasoning as to not fix it” reason to me.

5 Likes

@Alpheon another bug I don’t see listed in the top post is one I’ve reported before.

When you are in the troop menu and sort by “upgradable” you will sometimes see entire rows of troops without the icon on the top right indicating you can trait them, amongst the section of troops that are traitable. If you actually click on any of the troops and go to their traits screen you can trait them, but the icon doesn’t show up. Usually backing out of the troop menu or otherwise scrolling around the page can fix this and get the icon showing again.

Video: https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=62082775

(look at the line of troops beginning with Winter Wolf)

3 Likes

@VegaDark541 i understand your frustration but this is a minor issue and i rather see them work on a real problem then waste time to fix this, like i said you wait one day and your problem is solved. I prefer see them work on the server issues it should be the top priority right now

Yup, I noticed that too on the PS4, the icons disappearing when using the Upgradeable filter. It is a minor display bug.

I consider the “Upgrade a kingdom” when everything’s maxed, or “Upgrade a troop to level 15” when you are VIP lvl.11 “First world problem bugs”. It’s a bit annoying, but hey, it’s the first task, ot gets replaced, and it could have been something like “do 8 battles with 3 troops of Khaziel” which only gives 2000 gold (which can easily be earned by a single PvP battle).

I hope that they release a bugfix-hotfix that fixes the store, because I am someone who always has the “there is no content” error, which prevents me from spending real money, but since PS4 hotfix 1.13, it results in my store disabling all buttons, so I can’t buy glory packs anymore :angry:

Luckily the support is very good; I made a ticket, asking to reduce my glory and “buy” a set of glory packs, so I did get my Bonnie Rose to mythic, AND get enough event keys to get a Kraken.

But I have to admit, the game without any store functionality, especially the glory packs, is not that nice at the moment…