Community Design-a-Weapon (Name Voting!)

I just almost blacked out laughing when I saw Scythey McScytheface.

You can say it’s from a tired meme but I say nay, it’s from human nature. You let a bunch of internet trolls name something and if you expect anything LESS than Scythey McScytheface then you my friend have too much faith in humanity.

And because the 8 year old in me is in charge today, and because the devs ACTUALLY ALLOWED it on the voting list, my vote? Scythey McScytheface. 100%

One day we’ll learn you don’t let the internet name something unsupervised.

4 Likes

I was actually surprised at first that they really added the name to the list. When you think about it a bit though, it fits perfectly with all the punning and wordplay going on with troop descriptions. The other names on the list just mean some badass evil scythe. Scythie McScytheface means the scythe designed by the community, in a far more cheeky way than just calling it “Community Scythe”. Square peg, square hole.

2 Likes

Fair point. One of the things I absolutely LOVE about GoW is the ‘flavor text’ on some troops, and even moreso, the absolutely HILARIOUS quest text/interactions. I wish I could go back and replay some of them.

When the Mirrored Halls went in, and I clicked on it the first time, and Princess Elspeth popped up, I actually laughed out loud called out to my gf (who plays) “OMG! Hon! The new delve? Elspeth is back!” and she replied “Oh lord… here we go again.”

So in that vein of humor, yeah, McScytheface fits pretty damn well. If that name wins I hope the art for it gets a evilly grinning smiley face on the blade. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might as well go for a butter knife with a troll face on it.

(Personally I really hope it will end up with a better name)

Tbh, this is also why I thought it would have been appropriate to include some of the other pun-based names.

I want to be able to look at the weapon in-game and think, “Heh, yeah, that’s the community weapon/the community made that one” – atm, from what I can see, Scythie is the only option that does that.

3 Likes

And, to no one’s surprise, the winning name is Scythie McScytheface!

2 Likes

I wonder how the votes would have gone if the question was “What should we NOT name the scythe?”

4 Likes

Yay! We did it!