Design-a-Weapon (Week 3: Mana Color)

design_weapon3

AHOY, ADVENTURERS! The third round of our design-a-weapon is now open! Our weapon will be a scythe from the Sin of Maraj, so what mana colours should it use? Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/gow-design-a-weapon-color!

For those interested, here are the results from the last round.

3 Likes

Results page looks like a preschool test :smiley:

Untitled

2 Likes

I chose yellow (with purple as my second choice) because we don’t have any troops or weapons that explode all purple gems or all yellow gems—and that is what I am sincerely hoping we get as the weapon’s effect. Unsure what thought process everyone else was using, but early returns are very close to what I wanted.

Edit: crap. Forgot about Herdmaster, and can’t change my vote now. :frowning:

One color weapon =/

Brown has the best 1 color weapons
Blue has a few decent 1 color weapons

Yellow has 1 good 1 color weapon and a bunch of average ones
Green has some okay 1 color weapons, but they’re mostly on the single target side.

Purple has some of the worst 1 color weapons and some okay AoE weapons
Red is on the weaker side of 1 color weapons

Mono Red needs the most support, but because it has so many other good weapons that are mixed with Red, I’ll vote Purple.

Two/Three color would have been more interesting though.

1 Like

I do not want to see another purple scythe, hell no. Piling on cliches as it is. I’m going to pick something we don’t have anything of.

Sort of wish this was a dual-colored legendary instead of a mono-colored epic …

Okay seriously. We have eight Scythes, five are mono-purple and two are purple+something. IT ENDS HERE. IT HAS TO END HERE.

4 Likes

What are y’all doing? We’re headed towards a cliche storm!

2 Likes

Voted Earth’s Fury.

I voted Yellow, cause I don’t think that we have a yellow scythe yet iirc

1 Like

Screenshot_20190307-182920
Here are all 8 Scythes. Keep the color distribution in mind when voting.

2 Likes

Yeah, except weapon type typically doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Its just a design. Sure, some hero classes have talents based on weapon type, but thats only a very pitiful amount of magic bonus.

Its all about the spell effect and in this case Purple is still underrepresented in useful weapons.

Even if its a scythe, maybe we can actually have a decent non-AoE scythe for once. An exploder with life leeching effects, for example.

I have to admit I’m pretty surprised to see how popular purple is as the mana colour.

2 Likes

@Saltypatra can you say whether or not we’ll be able to decide on Spell effects? 7 out of 8 Scythes so far have been damage-all weapons, and it seems that would be a factor in some votes (including mine!):

She does say what “colours” should it use… Implying it will be multiple colours.

1 Like

Another reason to go with Yellow.
If building a full Sin of Miraj team. Only Wrath uses yellow Mana currently. None of the other troops.
(Assuming Sin of Miraj gets a hero class before it gets more yellow troops.)

1 Like

At the moment, only Yellow appears to be able to stop Purple, so the anti-cliche vote is Yellow.

This whole process is reinforcing my belief that preferential voting is superior in all circumstances.

2 Likes

There’s another Sin of Miraj troop with Yellow coming soon, if it doesn’t get changed at all.

1 Like

Caaaaaaaaaarn Yellow!!!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, due to some back end issues we are closing our Survey Monkey. Stay tuned for updates and when voting resumes.

“Issues” like someone voting more than once? :thinking:

Sure hope not. But if so, and they caught it, they can probably just invalidate those votes!

1 Like