Commit to Stop Spending

It seems a major quantity of money comes from newbies, who dont even notice all this bugs and, of course, dont think much about GW results too. So, theres no need to care much about all this stuff.

One hundred percent!

As further proof that we should not be giving them money right now… they ripped us off 3 stars for the campaign last week causing paid players to be a week behind getting their rewards then promised us it would either be fixed by this week or they would reimburse us the 3 stars. Neither has happened so far. Paying players should be furious and I assume most are. Paying for broken products and not getting what you reasonably expect never feels great.

5 Likes

Paying players must take snapshots and deposit a claim (Steam or Google or Sony). 505 must feel what it costs to cheat with players, without any news.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m stopping now, all I bought was the campaign pass, but this company does not deserve even this now.

2 Likes

I’ll take it a step further (and I am giving it a bit of time… but will make post later in the week)

If the guild wars scoring bug is not fixed/ignored by the NEXT Guild Wars - we should quit playing this game. (My VIP level is 13 for what it is worth)

3 Likes

If we play but do not view ads promote the game or buy content technically we are costing them a small amount for server costs for each such player.

1 Like

I committed to this a few campaigns ago. I can’t even remember what bug or mishap that caused it, which isn’t a good sign. There have been too many recently…

I’d have outright quit if I wasn’t in a guild where other long-time players have already made that decision. I didn’t want to add to it.

2 Likes

Lycanthropy campaign maybe? there was a lot of insanity around then or shortly after the double skull hit bug only when the AI used skulls

Normally, I buy these useless weapon to support the game. But devs don’t care anymore, why will I care?

9 Likes

Now selling the elite pass + ultra $59.99 comes with the stars we didn’t give you for the campaign and removes the bugs just for you!!

This is true, but I’d generally argue the benefits of having long-term players with regards to guild leadership, a strong player base, community involvement, in-game competition/FOMO (i.e. a newbie might feel a desire to spend to catch up when they see strong players or people topping leaderboards) far outweigh that.

505/IP2 seem to be gambling these away :sweat_smile: I’d say I wish them luck, but it’s not really something I support.

1 Like

Too true having a player base on a game means a lot. If we are not here then new players won’t join they will see it is a dead game quickly and typically not play. That is the advantage of a free to play but pay for goodies model like this is having a lot of players and activity means there is a draw for players and a reason for them to stay. Like many of the people in this convo saying lines like “at this point the only reason I am still here is for my guild mates” but as far as it goes for board members and management it id often hard for them to look past the numbers on the sheets for these things. They see data like X numbers of players watching Y number of adds and buying Z dollars worth of products vs the cost of maintaining per player and anything not in that calculation is ignored no mater how reasonable it is. It often takes a lot or urging from people in the company trying to explain that the cost is worth it lol if they cant see it or add it on a spreadsheet with actual monetary value it rarely matters.

1 Like

Better data analysis, then! To try to link things like guild leadership to play time, newbie retention to guild membership, retention or guild membership to expenditure.

But yeah, I think you’re right. Or not enough time/personpower :confused::person_shrugging:

1 Like

A lot of companies can understand a lost leader, a product you sell at cost to draw in customers who also pay for other things while there, which provides a total profit. Much harder to explain that paying money for each person without receiving money back from them has a real value. Easily explained through logic much harder to quantify the value as an actual figure for their shareholder meetings with a bunch of people that do not play the game or possibly any games. If it looks like they are losing more money as of late it is more likely they will be interested in why and call for some change either in leadership or allow the hiring of more staff. You can see in their financial reports they lost a lot of the staff in the merger/buyout and reduced their online presence/customer support. We need to help them realize that is hurting them.
https://www.digitalbros.com/investor-relations/documents-and-results/financial-documents/

3 Likes

VIP 8 here - bought campaign and kingdom passes. No more spending from me.

6 Likes

505 don’t care, why will I care?

5 Likes

VIP 8 here. Not. Another. Dime.

Had been buying the season pass despite the near vertical drop in quality and value in the last ~18 months. I just can’t do it w/o feeling like an absolute tool at this point.

4 Likes

Okay, so I’m just a newbie here, and I only discovered GoW about ten days ago. And only discovered this forum (by searching, assuming there must be one) this morning. So I don’t have your experience.

Because of that, I don’t know what was or what might have been, but I can tell you, what is is better than the vast majority of mobile games out there. I don’t mind tossing coin at a company providing me hours of great entertainment. I do that at a bar, used to do it at a movie theatre.

If GoW has run the course for you, great, but to me it’s pretty cool.

5 Likes

First of all, welcome to GoW! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with spending money on a game you enjoy. I’ve been a heavy spender myself, VIP 15 and getting close to 16. I had contemplated stopping spending and just quit the game outright due to a lack of Dev response on numerous issues, but the post @Nimhain made in another thread has (for now) reassured me that they are aware of the issues and are working on fixing them. Hopefully they will get those issues fixed, preferably without creating new ones. I do still enjoy this game, primarily because of the wonderful community here.

7 Likes