Chaos tree stealth buffed

Noticed this morning that the level 5 Chaos talent Dark Hunger has been buffed today from stealing one life to SIX! This change is the same across all classes with the tree, stays when the game is restarted, and both the text description and in-game behaviour match so I think it’s fair to call it a surprise buff rather than a bug.

Has anyone noticed any other changes to talent trees?

15 Likes

This looks like a pretty huge change, makes a lot of the other talents look insignificant. I wonder if it was intentional, the number in the text description gets pulled from the talent data. :thinking:

1 Like

Wth is this, I made a huge set of spreadsheets that ended up concluding this talent was fairly powerful at lvl5 stealing 1. LOTS of other things that needed changing. THIS is like … bring out Archmage for the rest of the year.

Also stealth changes = bad

7 Likes

looking on tarans there is an upcoming mythic with:

Trait #3: Dark Hunger
Steal 6 Life from the first enemy when matching Purple Gems.

My guess is they forgot that Dark Hunger was already a class trait and overwrote it with the new mythic trait

26 Likes

This seems much more likely to me than a stealth buff not during an update. I’d bet on it being an unintended consequence which will be changed back fairly soon.

2 Likes

looking on tarans there is an upcoming mythic with:

Trait #3: Dark Hunger
Steal 6 Life from the first enemy when matching Purple Gems.

My guess is they forgot that Dark Hunger was already a class trait and overwrote it with the new mythic trait

I think you’ve solved it. Enjoy the buffed version while it lasts! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hilarious. The bugs never end.

10 Likes

Ding, ding, ding. This fits so perfectly, feels like a safe bet.

That resembles something I saw at work (multiple times) recently. Except those happened from people messing with IT that they don’t understand … this is supposed to be “not that”.

Thinking about it a bit more, given how similar the new Dark Hunger is to the old (only difference is the amount of life stolen iirc), maybe they didn’t forget about the class trait but used it as a template and forgot to change the name which caused the overwrite.

Either way, I assume the fix will be: “oops… I mean, we totally intended to do that… surprise?”

2 Likes

Sadly, this is my bet.

Going by past incidents there won’t be any fix, any bug report will either get “investigated” forever or moved to feedback because they don’t even understand the issue.

Edit: Let’s put this to the test.

2 Likes

Ah, but this (apart from in GW if your opponent uses it) is a bug which actually helps the player, so I’d expect it to be fixed. Certainly before the missing GW defence points, anyway.