Buying a portrait inexplicably equips it

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 7 x64

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I bought the Doom Glaive portrait with Gems. I expected it to be added to my collection of portraits and NOTHING ELSE. Instead, the game decided to change my portrait to the one I had just bought. Luckily, I remembered which portrait I choose to use, but it still took a lot of scrolling to find it (because the GUI design is unsuitable).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First time I bought a portrait = first time it happened.

3 Likes

Confirmed. It’s annoying at most. After buying, you should just own it, it should not be automatically equipped.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.

Feels like sloppy development, I’m afraid.

1 Like

As I noted, it does take more than “a few” seconds, and it’s easy to forget what you were using.

Plus, I use Chat Lite (until Full Chat is fixed to show more lines at a time), so I had no idea my portrait had changed.

Now that I know the bug is there, I’ve made a point of memorising where my portrait is, but it’s still a bug. Or at the very least, it’s an unexpected behaviour.

@Maxx - Keep in mind that bugs, unexpected behaviours, confusing functionality and annoying sequences of clicks (etc) all serve to push people away from a game – and it is cumulative.

1 Like