[Troop under review] Black Beast is cheating?

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I killed everyone, except Black Beast. I am expecting his ability have no effect after that, or he self-killing himself.

Instead for each cast he got all his life back on cast and full effect of ability, without need to kill anyone. He even haven’t devour immunity!

Is it right?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I noticed it just now. I believe, it didn’t work this way before (but I seen the beast in action year ago)

Steps to make it happen again

• Get into battle with Black Beast.
  • Wait until he is alive alone.
  • Look on his casts.
2 Likes

Okay… here we go… 4x Beasts going into Explore! Theoretically, I should be able to just cast this on himself and he will bug out…

Okay, I can’t cast the spell on himself.

We’re getting down to the razor now!

LOL… okay, so when he’s the only troop left, you don’t even get an option to select any Ally, he just heals to full.

I think the “bug” part is because you CANNOT select yourself, unlike with Vash’Dagon – who can target himself (and if he’s cursed, he WILL devour himself). Black Beast though you can’t target yourself, so the game is just like “Uh, no targets available, skip to next part of spell.”

1 Like

does the graphic “no target” flash on the screen? if not then it probably should (bug/featureRequest)
if the beast is healing above its previous max, then probably bug(?)
else… looks ok :slight_smile:

Black Beast used to be my default Task Completionist back in the day. Black Beast plus 3 Red Monsters, Black Beast plus 3 yellow troops from the Sands, Black Beast plus 3 Blue Human Mystics from Karakoth…etc., until I unlocked Pharos Ra and chased down Dawn Bringer.

Plus 884 PvP Invasions.

Then Hero Champion levels became a thing. It’s been a long time, but I recall the Beast wouldn’t even get the option to cast back then. “No targets available” would pop, and the Beast would not heal. It must be something more recent, perhaps for play balance. Might be time to dust off my old friend.

It’s definitely a new behavior, Black Beast used to sit around at full mana in the Arena whenever it was the only opponent troop left. Nothing in the patch notes, so it probably qualifies as bug.

2 Likes

You couldn’t find anything? I could’ve sworn there was a minor note about tweaking Black Beast some time in the past, roughly around when Vash was released.

“Buffing black beast” is a loading screen comment for a reason, I’m sure.

3 Likes