Better chat features

Would be nice to be able to pm people or send mail. Also an in game chat window would be cool so you can play and chat at the same time without having to go back and forth. Another cool idea could n a player database of statistics that could be accessed to see other people’s progress and guilds too.

1 Like

I have mixed emotions about an in-game pm system. It would be nice to be able to send a friend a pm but that’s about the only pro that I can think of off-hand. A con would be what would stop unwanted people from sending them to you unless an ignore feature was also available. Another con that comes to mind is guild poaching could become an issue.

3 Likes

Naturally an ignore feature as well as block would go hand in hand

What do u mean by “guild poaching”

That means to try and lure someone away from the respective guild to join yours. I have seen several cases of it on global 1, I can imagine how it would be with a pm system.

3 Likes

Another issue to consider is that allowing random in-game mails could lead to a lot of rage mail. The most likely “target” for a mail would be the person whose defense just curb-stomped you…

5 Likes

That’s a good point @Lyya. Also something else to consider is what kind of additional strain would that put on the servers.

1 Like

Well yea but then you block them if it’s a problem

Well ya, but if someone is lured away then they choose to go… that’s kinda part of the fun ya know? Diplomacy can make a guild what it is, good or bad

That’s assuming it’s always from the same person. The last thing I want to add to my daily Gems “routine” is adding five more randos to the ignore list.

1 Like

The currently basic chat system is more or less bugged. Just imagine what a more complicated chat system would be like…

1 Like

At least an in game chat window would be nice, I fully understand the concerns on mail and pm but being able to see and input chat while playing without having to switch back and forth shouldn’t be too difficult or cause problems.

I do rather say. Do not mess with the chat system Devs, let it be as it is, simple. But, that is me.

1 Like

Some kind of Friends system is planned… no idea if it’s a development priority currently (doubt it), but that could include a messaging system…

1 Like

I think Sirrian said something about a friend system, PM system, and the top priority of it all, a “block” system coming some time around the Guild Wars update. That was ages ago though, and scheduling may have changed. I have no idea where it is in production, but something along these lines has been stated to be in the pipeline.

1 Like

Friends, PMs and “Block/ Ignore” systems are coming sometime after Guild Wars.

We dont’ have any ETAs at the moment.

3 Likes