Suggestion about Ingame mails

It would be great if we could send ingame mails to fellow members, especially it would have been a great tool for the Guild Leader for coordinating players, give them warnings etc. Possibly a tool Rank 2 members can use also.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I believe they are holding off this feature until whatever patch they also add the friends list, but I would definitely love to mail guild members ASAP. With the fact that in game chat sometimes doesn’t post every message nor everyone reading every single message in guild chat, it would be a good way to spread important messages to a select few within the guild.

The current method is basically kick then talk instead of the other way around due to the lack of communication abilities.

8 Likes

Keep on posting comments I’ll like everything in this topic. This is so much needed.

8 Likes

Posted comment in topic.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Let we have at least one thread free from memes. I am probably not the right person to say this, because I am using memes, myself, but…plz :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah @Verdugo cut the crap.

Memes are so yesterday.

2 Likes

You’re the king of crap…!

EDIT: Before someone clearly takes this the wrong way and reports me, it’s a joke. Direwolf is my homeboy and he told me he’d pay me to say it in public, so :smirk:

2 Likes

Anyways getting this thread back on track, I remember this being talked about a long time ago. Sad to see nothing has happened yet. Good on you for bringing it back up @Eika

2 Likes

I am against all kind of in-game social features: it takes too much time for devs to do that… It seems simple to implement but after a first version, you will discover many bugs and many things to improve, etc. Just look at the chat: lines disappear and so it’s just impossible to use it right now… And so, players use now Discord that is a dedicate solution for their envy of communication. There is also the issues with the console version.

I prefer that devs focus on the game (troops, kingdoms, gameplay feature) that on this kind of features.

I can agree with you to a certain extent, however, when players need to use Discord to be able to speak to their guild members rather consistently, it’s a clear sign something needs to be done regarding the current chat system, etc.

3 Likes

The devs are already working on adding a friends’ list. It wouldn’t cause serious stress on their work plan to add a way for GMs to message guild members individually.

3 Likes

Will this in-game mail feature also send a copy to the email that is linked to the game account?
Or is this a purely in-game message only?

1 Like

No clue, would need to ask the devs. It would be cool if it sent to the actual account linked email too, and of course a way to disable it for those that don’t want the spam. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You ain’t getting my like.

1 Like

I fall in the “in-game communication upgrade is a must” camp. Private mails, new or improved chat system, I don’t particularly care what form it takes (although being able to send messages to individual friends would be cool) as long as we get something. The mass migration to Discord is not a solution, only a stopgap.

4 Likes

+1 to this.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be easy to put it up. Right now, they have huge problems on consoles with guild chat. There will be privacy issues as well with the suggested in game mails.

I would like to see the real user name behind the in game name. Xbox Tag or Steam Acc. That way there will be enough tools to communicate with everyone.

Good as it would be to have this, soooo low priority. Especially with the chat the way it is right now.

The problem with using external communication tools is that GoW is so multitasking unfriendly, mostly because it runs on Adobe Air. Having to wait through a few seconds of loading every time you switch windows is a pain. And on mobile, it could be much worse, if the respective apps won’t both fit in the device’s memory at the same time. Switching to the communication app may close the game, making it risky to do during a battle. And on my phone, at least, it takes about a minute to load the game, so I definitely don’t want it closing on me because I switched away.

1 Like