Bat Out of Hell II

Dullahan might work with a Gold-boost team: put Greed in your first slot because he’s useless after the first turn, and have a way of summoning (Orbweaver I guess, in the second slot). Same idea for any other teams that use weak Empowered troops.

Might work, might not. Just brainstorming.

Dullahan target locks the instakill effect based on the conditions when you cast the spell. Meaning you can’t use the spell damage to the first enemy, then gamble on the instakill to kill the next. If you use the spell to kill the first enemy, the spell is just basically “deal damage, then 50% chance to kill the first ally”.

I mean, egg thief…

I’d probably just rather use full boost with cedric and a skeleton key, but I guess everything here is technically cheaper if you happened to luck out on dullahan.

1 Like

This works okay. Can probably juggle banner and class a bit. Generally even if you kill Lep, there’s a strong chance Webspinner replaces it, which is cool.

Edit, Thief is fine, 3 summoning options, kill Bandits etc. Boost ratio on deaths is a little low, might need a tweak.

1 Like

the Dullahan being able to kill itself with its spell seems … stupid.

2 Likes

He’s probably related in some way to Princess Elspeth.

1 Like

Well nobody said it was a good team concept. :slight_smile: It was just about the only one I could think of where Dullahan might not completely suck.

I was mentally kicking around some sort of Dullahan / Gargantaur / Sunbird team before quickly realizing there is no conceivable way that would ever be usable anywhere.

He really only seems maybe possibly not useless in a defense team where you’re trying to annoy people and/or get a hail-mary cheap kill in to deny some points in Guild Wars.

I’ve used it, won some explore 12s with it… not fast (particularly not so if they can target down Dullahan), but it does manage wins. But a lot of that is due to both egg thief and crown being really good at summon-walling while generating. I don’t think the flaw is really so much with the concept of using the greed setup with mana blocking as it is the fundamentally flawed concept behind the troop itself. Theres cheaper and better instakill/cheese/punch up combos that don’t require you dedicated a basically dead spot to them. The problem is that with most things where you are expected for an ally to die to set up and you need to bring a summoner, thats generally already two slots pigeonholed, plus the troop itself for three, so there needs to be some amazing synergies going on for it to even be viable.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the results of your testing guys.

Good points. The better versions of this concept tend to be summoners themselves, while bringing strong passive effects via traits (Thinking Vash and the Widow Queen). Dullahan really doesn’t do either of these. While doing lethal damage is a powerful tool in scaling content, I don’t know that I’d want to bet sigils in other modes on Dullahan working out.

For players who don’t have access to the better instakill options though, Dullahan might be a decent choice.

Dullahan + Jar of Eyes? My main problem is how long the battles would be. On average you would need to fill and cast Dullahan 8 times. Sometimes it would be way more than 8.