Are we not going to discuss this today?

I would 2nd this but since I’m apparently an illiterate pc/mobile supremisist my opinion on a publicly aired, completely blown out of proportion grievance is irrelevant.

1 Like

The need to get in the last word isn’t making anyone look any better. Like, I agree with you, @vanyel and @UKresistance, but you’re not doing yourselves any favors at this point.

Meanwhile I only clicked the link once and I got an in-game error message stating that I could only claim the rain of keys pack once, and did not get any keys at all.

Many months ago you also made the rain of keys pack free I believe, which I must have claimed back then. that’s the only time I would have claimed it. I would hope that a new promotion means I was supposed to be able to claim it an additional time during this new promotion.

Can a dev confirm that I was supposed to get the rewards from the rain of keys pack? Should I submit a ticket?

Ok, so someone was promoting the exploit in global chat. I thought you guys were threating bans to anyone that used the code, and expected that everyone playing the game would be staring at in game chat 24/7.

Im a ps4 player, that would have been very shady if it went down the way it was explained in this thread. It seemed very out of character, since all my experience with your support team and policies have been positive.

2 Likes

It is difficult to understand as long-term players who know that failures or exploits always arise, of which a few always try to take advantage.

These people know that the ruling will be resolved and if it affects the economy of the game it will be solved.
Even so, they always try to take advantage of these failures by giving extra work to devs knowingly.

Really???:thinking:

Things like Zuul-Goth forgeable like a normal mythic and knowing that it can not be, they do it.
And then when the developers solve the problem and make the adjustments they put the scream in the sky and complain.

No matter what the exploit could be, every extra fix of people by devs don’t help anyone I guess.
Sure a few gold keys don’t be a high problem but is something more than the other players don’t have.

Can we be a little more serious?:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

So in summary, the company did the following…

To bring in new players, a code was issued to Xbox live members. From the post earlier in this thread, the giveaway was hugely successful, tens of thousands of new players.
Problem with internal financial reporting. As the item in question is hidden, most things are not deleted, on the Microsoft store, lets do a quick fix and make the price for the problematic item free, on a site where we are well aware one time purchase in game limits are not supported. Financial reporting corrected.
Oppss the store link is still reachable. Price monitoring sites picked up the price change and shared the link with the world.
On the internet, where special offers are often limited to the first (insert number) clicks, the link is being used repeatedly. Less than one thousand users may have overused the link.
Lets quick fix the issue and say there will be a resource rollback, but not until after we take the weekend off. Leaving some users to wonder if there is any point to continue working on game progression.
Lets blame/punish the users for the company’s shortsightedness. Afterall, the game has tens of thousands of new users balanced against less than 1000 who over-eagerly clicked.

Every issue which occurred was entirely foreseeable, but the company ignored warning signs and used the quick (and dirty) solutions. After the fact, they are blaming the users and undermining their own (and the Microsoft store’s) trustworthiness.

In non-digital retail, the company would (and in many places are legally required to) honor the incorrect price and accept the loss based on their error(s.) As for customers who missed the chance to buy at the incorrect price, they have no ligitimate claim for damages.

The issue at stake is not a few keys, which have no secondary nor trade market, thus no real value outside of the game, but how the community of digital purchasers wish to be treated, especially when buying digital items, instead of physical ones.

2 Likes

My 2 cents is it was a mistake not something that was intended to happen. Thank goodness for the Dev in global that limited the damage. Trying to persuade people not to take advantage of something that could kill game is not a bad thing in my book. We all like free keys if it’s meant to happen but this was not intended. Whatever the Devs decide to do with the loot that some got many times more than they should is up to them and none of my business. It does not affect me one way or the other.

1 Like