Arcane Traitstones in Explore are just as rare as they are in the rest of the game

I feel like explore really isn’t super great at giving arcane Traitstones. It’s supposed to be “extra chance” but i only needed 2 more for the last trait on a troop yesterday and so I went back and forth between the two kingdoms with the Traitstones for like 30 matches before I finally just soul forged them because I was done. Is any one else having this problem?

You’re relying on rare outcomes; twice the chance of “rare” is still “rare”. Sometimes you just get unlucky, and sometimes you pull three consecutive Celestial traitstones when you wanted a single Arcane. It’s the nature of the beast.

If you’re concerned, start keeping track of your Explore battles: count the number of matches between Arcane rewards. Every time I have done this, it wound up coming out to about the right frequency. This means one of two things. Either (1) the rates are correct, or (2) the game knows when I am watching and adjusts rates accordingly.

3 Likes

I think it’s 2 lol. But I get that, I just feel like it’s kinda crap how the big thing for explore is “extra chances to win rare Traitstones” and then the jump of extra chance is like .2%. but I’ll watch it alot more often. But I do know that yesterday it was definitely at least close to 30 matches and I still hadn’t gotten one even between both kingdoms.

The average droprate is 1 in 16 matches. So doing 30 without success in not unusual at all.

2 Likes

@Claresaphire408 When it comes to Arcane farming I find it is better to focus on 1 kingdom (which ever kingdom has the arcane you are looking for), go with easy difficulty, and run a team that tears through them. (Forest Guardian, Sunbird, Hero and class with Imperial jewel, and Fire Bomb using Abyssal banner if you have those troops) I put the hero in there to level classes any troop can do if you are missing any of those troops there are many alternates we can look into.

1 Like

I am using

Ba’el
Fire Ruby Staff +10 (any class with half mana start - for level up)
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

banner with green ++

Last week I used Sandrunner in place of Ba’el. This works quite well too. Just suggesting an alternative.