Adjust Guild Permissions

I think the time has come to adjust / refresh the permissions for Guild Roles!

Here is what i am talking about:

Contribute Gold
WHY should we not allow the contribution of Gold? Of course i want this permission on EACH Member - thats the main reason we invite new people^^

Invite Players
Defenitly a must permission to set - but not for 4 out of 5 roles! That has to be manually adjustable…

Announcements
Its ok, nice to have - nothing game chaniging…

Shield and Recruitment
Changing the Shield - erm yeah…
But what is Recruitment for? I cant remember i have ever seen a use of it? (if someone remember, please bring light in my dark)

Promote / Demote Members
Next permissions that has do be adjusted by the Guild Admin - defenitly needed!

Upgrade Masteries
Obsolete - was important before 2.0 and the whole Guardian thing if i am right^^

Kick Members
Same with Promote, Demote and Invite - please make it manually adjustable…

To sum it up - out of this old permissions we only need 4 today, but manually adjustable: Invite, Promote, Demote and Kick
Announcements and Shield are not really this important - but its ok if they stay^^

Any opinions?

Greets by MrSnake

9 Likes

I would love if they allowed the GM to manually set a name for “Promote / Demote Members” and “Kick Members”. I have a co-leader in my guild. There are responsibilities I’d like to share with him in the tools, but I can’t because of the antiquated setup of the admin tools. I know of a few other guilds that have 2 or 3 people that share leadership, so it would be useful to some GMs to change permissions on a per person basis if needed.

2 Likes

Hopefully all this (and more) is being addressed in the Guild Wars release.

2 Likes

I am definitely for that.

I also agree these roles need to be updated with the new version of the game. The GL should have control over what each level gets responsibility for.

3 Likes

One thing I noticed about this while poking through the game files the other day is this:

That’s a static image. So currently there likely is no code to allow change of permissions between ranks, though as others have said, hopefully it will be added in the future.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this image myself. Considering the check marks are copy-pasta, it always struck me as an odd technical decision…

4 Likes

@studs is this in QoL?

i think Sentinel should be able to demote and kick.
leaving it to leader alone is not good

1 Like

Want it, need it. Where’s this feature at?