Better Guild Life

Me and my guildmates were recently thinking about the option that in our opinion Guilds are lacking. Having only one Guild Leader is in many cases very problematic, especially when GL is on “vacation” or is just unable to administrate for a some period of time because of reasons or is just hard to communicate with because is hard to catch on guild chat.

There are two options how to improve guild life:

(1) Adding a new function to Guild Ranks - Co-Leader

• Guild Leader - Can kick members and demote members (everyone) + Disbanding guild
    Co-Leader - Can kick members and demote members (everyone except Guild Leader)

• Maximally 2 Co-Leaders in a Guild and 1 Guild Leader (obviously)

• Guild Leader could SWITCH ranks with a Co-Leader if he/she wants to abdicate and make someone a new GL

(2) Simply expand permissions for 2 rank - Sentinels, Dragon Princes etc.

• Guild Leader - Can kick members and demote members (everyone) + Disbanding guild
    Sentinel - Can kick members and demote members (everyone except Guild Leader) (by @Ashasekayi)

To prevent any unwilling behaviour here is the idea of making a guild log of promotions, demotions, accepted invitations, kicks, and voluntary leavers, so that all of the “guild council” knows who the responsible member for each action is. (by @Zuboki)

CAUTION! ACHTUNG! EXTREME OPTION HERE! xd
Also if the Guild Leader is obviously inactive and most likely abandoned the game there should be option to kick GL (by @vanyel)

All people who doesn’t log in for more than 30 days would get denotion IF there is a member who still logs in regularly (and then he/she becomes a GL). (by @miedzielski)

15 Likes

That would be great, i can already feel drunk from the power!

1 Like

I don’t think they need to add a new co-leader role. They just need to expand the powers of rank 2.

My guild has a council of 5 members that help with management. It would be nice if rank 2 had the ability to also demote and kick people. This would solve the problem of GMs on vacation and missing GMs. I think the only power that needs to be GM only is disbanding the guild.

Edit: Of course, the GM couldn’t be kicked or demoted by a Rank 2 person.

13 Likes

That would help in my guild. Have a lot of people form other parts of the world playing and our schedules dont line up too well, and would be good to have someone from other time zone as co leader

1 Like

You are right, that is even simplier to implify in game so I upvote your idea :slight_smile: I will add it to the topic.

2 Likes

A very good idea.
Would indeed be very helpful for guild with members all over the world.
:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@Cyrup @Ozball tagging for attention :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I disagree. No co leader should be able to kick a member out. If they want that power maybe they should start their own guild.

While i understand what you are saying, If they did it right, the co leader would be like an additional rank that you could only promote 1 person to, and would not have to promote anyone if you did not want to,

1 Like

But you understand that’s exactly what inflates the number of the dead guilds so freakishly high, right? GM goes missing for some reason and you are left without a way to maintain the guild before he/she comes back. You can’t kick inactive people so their number grows and soon half a guild is laying dormant and the other half starts a new guild. There is no way to efficiently wrestle the power from an inactive GM (he/she has to be completly inactive for over a month, even one quick log in to collect tribute counts as activity) so having a second person who could kick inactive people and help to maintain a guild would be beneficient for most casual/semi-casual guilds.

2 Likes

If this happened (or even regardless of this happening), it’d be nice to have a guild log of promotions, demotions, accepted invitations, kicks, and voluntary leavers, so that all of the “guild council” knows who the responsible member for each action is. Otherwise, things could get quite nasty…

4 Likes

That’s a great idea, and it would be a necessity.

1 Like

This would be really nice, My guild leader in my little guild is on vacation, so we have no way to kick anybody out at the moment.

1 Like

I’ll add it to the first post if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a GL I too think it would be nice if a 2nd rank would have some more significance to their ability to help manage a guild than they currently have.

I would include their ability to kick a GL that is completely inactive & hasn’t logged in for 30 days (the current requirement to submit a ticket for their removal) so this situation doesn’t even have to be dealt with through support.

3 Likes

I agree, but there should be a Voting option in the guild then. :wink:

1 Like

This part needs some additional thinking over (as in what if both GM and their 2nd stop playing etc.) but I like the general idea.

Not really. There’s a reason people would be promoted to the 2nd rank to help manage the guild. Why would a GL put them there (or keep them there) if they didn’t personally trust them and if they weren’t already helping manage things? If the GL disappears there really isn’t a voting mechanic now as it is either. First person to grab the position after support removes the GL is currently how it works I believe. Plus the guild has 30 days to be figuring that out anyway… :wink:

If the GL & rank 2 both disappear then everything defaults back to contacting support to resolve it. Doesn’t seem worth it to code in succession rules for every rank if all the ones above them are inactive when just coding this in for rank 2 would resolve the majority of the cases.

I agree with you here - I think voting would be a horrible idea bc it would just create new conflicts… kind of like in politics. But, what I had in mind were those half-dead guilds we have so many of in the auto search. I guess that issue would be still possible for the support to solve… or it could work in such a way that the all people who doesn’t log in for more than 30 days would get denotion IF there is a member who still logs in regularly (and then he/she becomes a GM).

1 Like

I would like to see the ability for a GM to designate someone as kickable and then a Sentinel only can execute the kick.

Example as follows. Our guild is full. We have a couple of people who have already been told that if someone asks to join, that is higher rank, they will be kicked to make room. They know that they are a place holder that has been given the chance to prove why they should be allowed to stay. Our GM is an early riser and went to bed. Of course a higher rank person wanted to join. All parties involved knew the outcome in advance. We could not invite the person, who wanted to join, due to the only one able to kick someone was asleep. The placeholder didn’t answer any messages to voluntarily leave of course. If our GM could have marked someone as “kickable” then we could have done the swap.