A New Mythic Approaches - The Lord of Slaughter

Super cheap again. Gem key stash remains. But hey…let’s talk about this guy. Unbelievable wrecking power and a definite risk reward serial killer. 27 mana I thought was too high but in the right generator deck he is ready to rock rapido.

Probably one my most expensive mythics ever.

How much did you have to spend?

Over 10k glory keys, 2k gem keys, 40k guild seals.

That’s a lot.

13k seals 200 glory keys. But the cost is irrelevant. Let’s talk about the troop. Everything else is off topic

I’m using him with Wrath, Eighth Sin and Mercy - it’s pretty nice. Deathknight hero or Assassin. Slayer/Diabolist, Titan/Monk/Hierophant/Tidecaller all okay, /shrug lol anything. Moon Rabbit could work perhaps too, although that takes Wrath’s blue, but allows hero to fill easier and also the heals to all, takes hero over all AI troops, getting extra skulls when you cast him. Use Wrath and enrage to pile through things, flip your hero if LoS is low on health, 1 shot with him, LoS follows nicely after that.

Annoying that Mercy heals Wrath, so might have to do something about that, close when using Diabolist I think (might work with medals I suppose). Chill of Death kicks in with some of those classes, very nice.

I am just messing with him atm to boost warpriest. But MC apothecary lord and TPK ain’t too shabby.

I’m using Lord of Slaughter, Mountain Crusher (Sunspear), Spiritdancer, and TPK.

Probably not the best but Sunspear will entangle the first troop and freeze another random troop right off the bat so that’s always good. It’ll also submerge everybody so that helps in some cases. I barely cast Spiritdancer but she does come through clutch to keep the ball rolling with four gem matches and to feed LoS. TPK is just gonna TPK. He’s that guy that just sits there and badass things just happen.

As a fellow tech writer I completely understand and agree with you.

1 Like

Entangle ain’t a great option when it’s raining doom skulls. That’s why I envisage potential suicide with slaughter if you run him P1. Besides it’s impossible to know how doom skulls operate as other players have pointed out when they instakill troops that they simply shouldn’t. I am running warpriest for boost and it has 40% skull reduction plus enrage. Sometimes the whole opposition gets wiped out without any spell/mathematical reasoning. I just don’t understand how this continues to be ignored by the devs. This troop really exacerbates and highlights the whole doom skulls issue.

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. My game plan when I play with my team is to start the loop to feed LoS until he’s full. One or two turns is enough to do that even if the cpu gets some skulls as the damage is minimal. On a bad day entangle will even give me four turns sometimes if I really need it. Besides, the dust storm will kick in after casting Mountain Crusher anyway so I’m not really worried about the doom skulls.

So I try to fill up LoS but I’ll take the skulls if it’s the better move. Once LoS is full I pick my shots. Going ham will lead to what you were saying. I’ll try to get a four skull match but if not I’ll look at the board and estimate whether it’s the right move to cast him. Generally, a total of about twelve skulls and browns mixed is good enough for me.

If there’s no opportunity to cast him I’ll just reset the board with Mountain Crusher or look for a four gem match with Spiritdancer. Either way, eventually the opportunity to cast him will come up after at most two or three tries.

Anyways, that’s just me. I’m sure there are gods at this game that will pick apart my strategy but that’s cool. I’m always up for learning something new.

That’s why I am running apothecary P2. I only cast lord if MC is full to clear up any misfires and I use apothecary to flood the board with brown pre lord cast to stack the odds in my favour. The team works on lvl 12 explore but that’s mainly due to enrage and/or the doom skulls bug.

I also have apothecary in one of my LoS team variations. I like Spiritdancer a little better because it helps fill up LoS a tad faster. I think they both work depending on what you prefer. Green Seer and Lord Ember can work in place of those two also.

Regardless, I just prefer to put LoS up front because his third trait is just too good to pass up. The risk is worth it and has worked in my favor every time.

I will try him up front but his limited skull resistance is a concern as a trade off for avoiding armour. I’ve not really given it much thought tbh because I really want to max warpriest and his higher skull resistance plus enrage makes for a better tank although the lack of mana conflict between lord and MC is a definite plus. I see many options here; sunspear up front with a burn troop will be colossal if you get it spinning fast. I expect to see some tough and fast defs in pvp built around lord.
EDIT
Until doom skulls are fixed I don’t think true skull damage is worth the risk. My MC is ploughing thru troops that it shouldn’t be killing on account of the bug. That’s why I was slightly surprised a big hitting doom skulls mythic was even on the drawing board until the issue was fixed. Makes no sense tbh. Exploding doom skulls cannot be predicted.

If hes not in slot 1 very little point of him being on the team

3 Likes

Brotha, I get where you’re coming from. You do you. You make perfect sense because the potential for LoS to get completely destroyed is there.

I, on the other hand, like troops with high risk high reward. I think to get his full potential you really have to accept the fact that he can get killed within the first three turns if luck is just totally against you.

LoS is a really fun troop. If I wasn’t such a casual player I’d take your advice and play it safe but the truth is that edge of your seat feeling where a plan can blow up in just completely backfire just adds to to the fun of using this troop.

1 Like

I don’t think this troop is really worth being up front at 25% skull reduction. shame too, it’d be nice to have more viable front line troops.

Its safer to use him as a bomb in the back and destroy things that way. Those doomskulls hit too hard

2 Likes

He’s in the front to ignore armor…

1 Like

Stoneskin trait would have helped him a tiny.

1 Like