A New Mythic Approaches - The Lord of Slaughter

This is such a fun troop, nice one Devs! I think it’s ok that he’s a glass cannon, when it works it works so well.

He trivializes E12 with the right setup. And quicker than some of the other teams that do similar. Plus, he’s very satisfying to use.

It would be a lot better if he summoned a duststorm instead of a doomstorm. Usually the enemy team overwrites your storm anyway, but if it doesn’t, it can easily blow up in your face.

1 Like

I actually haven’t unlocked the third trait for my Sunspear yet because I don’t know how the firestorm summon on each turn will mess with my team.

On the one hand, LoS Will bring up a Doom Storm at the beginning but that gets erased right when Mountain Crusher gets cast. But that’s ok because it’s a dust storm so it helps LoS. I don’t know how Sunspear’s third trait is going to effect that because the last thing I need is a Fire Storm at the start of every turn. Sure, it would probably very rarely get to that as I should have loop set up and if anything my MC should be set to go at the beginning of a turn anyway. But I am thinking the Monk class might be a better fit than Sunspear for my team right now.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I wonder how I just finished the 505 achievement with LoS. It’s the achievement that requires destroying >505 gems of a single color in a single battle.

I completed it on release by spamming Egg Thief continuously on PC, but never bothered to repeat it on mobile. After a few random test battles with LoS in casual PvP, I completed this achievement. It never seemed like I exploded/destroyed that many gems. Another doomskull bug? Did it double/triple count gems if they were considered “destroyed” by more than 1 doomskull?

Actually what this mythic shows is how broken summons are in this game. Summon after summon after summon for killing troops. I’ve just had 6 bandits spawn from 7 kills, then I got a Heronath, then my last troop died to rising shadows, then another Heronath, then 2 Sisters. Then Jar of Eyes casts, etc, etc.

Yes, we could use Obsidius but we shouldn’t have to rely on a trait to deal with being punished, time after time for killing troops. Summon pops without freeze or entangle, bang, bang, bang.

It also shows how totally incomprehensible doom skull damage is. It can’t be predicted and is the most broken aspect of the game. I totally agree with @TheIdleOne. This guy just doesn’t have the resilience but ignoring armour with skull hits as a trait is a joke when you are likely to instakill when you shouldn’t mathematicallying be able to do so. Skulls are fucked and this troop just illustrates it further. Pat on the back to the devs. This troop should never have been released until they get their shit together.

… I always kinda laughed (scoffed even?) when I got kills with doomskulls from full health enemies when my troop is entangled. Like what’s the point of entangle then?

… then Moon Rabbit came along and mocked entangle as well.

25% ain’t that bad…hes rather survivable.

Ok so I know people have said the doom skulls are bugged. I don’t know for sure myself if they are bugged but this is how I’ve always understood them:

Each doom skull you match is 5 damage so if I match two skulls with a doom skull it would be my attack plus 5. If I match two doom skulls with one skull it’d be my attack plus 10 and if I match 3 doom skulls it’d be attack plus 15.

So however many doom skulls you match each one will add 5 damage. If a doom skull blows up another doom skull diagonal from it like upper left or down right that doom skull would also be worth 5 damage.

That is how I’ve always though they worked. I’m not saying I am right. I’m just saying that if I am wrong please let me know.

2 Likes

Sounds right to me.

2 Likes

Have a look at @Earnham post on skull damage. It’s full of screenshots that may challenge what you believe to be happening. I totally agree with how you describe it should work but it simply doesn’t work that way. My MC is doing over 240 damage at times (instakill) without enrage or hunters mark on a single 3 match after lord casts. My attack is 70…70 plus 15 is not 240 lol

75(3)=225, so that’d be close if you’re rounding and the (alleged) bug is applying one’s attack to each doomskull in a weird way :thinking:

I’m going to assume that you know both accounts work on either platform. But mentioning it just in case you’re part of the 1% that never finds/figures that out.

I’m not sure what you mean. Somehow linking Google Play with Steam?

It sounds like you have two separate GoW accounts. Am I misunderstanding you?
Because if you pop an achievement on say Steam (PC) then when I use Google Play on my phone the achievement should pop again.

1 Like

Ah, no I use the same GoW account. Most achievements do behave that way like the renown ones, but the destroy 505+ gems one needed to be completed in each platform for me.

1 Like

@Voq, @awryan
getting 2 vault treasures in treasure hunt also requires doing it on both platforms
playing “epic battle” also
etc.

many achivements aren’t moving between platforms

Ewww. (Less than 10.)

Was there a lore snippet pop-up in-game for this new mythic? Like the last mythics had things explaining the troop’s lore (the last one I remember reading was Zilopochtli’s).

1 Like