A New Mythic Approaches - The Colossus

Originally published at: A New Mythic Approaches – The Colossus – Gems of War

New Mythic Troop: The Colossus The Colossus will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

1 Like

“There is 50% chance to create a Good Gargoyle Gem when my turn begins.”

I’d love to know which outsourced center wrote/designed this monstrosity.

4 Likes

Terrifying.

1 Like

For anyone curious, “Destroy a 5x5 Circle” is the same shape as Haunted Guardian’s “Explode Gems in a 3x3 Cross”, which is a 5x5 without the 4 corners…

Would be a lot easier as a 5x5 block and would be easier to skip 5x5 in the first place, but alas.

5 Likes

At least you could have found a quote not already in use for the flavor text… unless it’s Jotnar under the armor?

15 Likes

Copy and paste?

I’m shocked that they could even do that without screwing up.

6 Likes

Considering the art is missing… they didn’t.

3 Likes

Given the Colossus is only a construct, at least it’s not a giant disappointment.

This mythic cycle of effects is not impressive in the slightest. It deliberately feels like they took it as a personal challenge when some of the zodiacs were criticized for being among the worst mythics out there.

6 Likes

I read it’s spell 5 times, because I was sure I missed something the 4 first times, at the 5th time I just understood that it is just REALLY poor.

1 Like

Why not just make it 100% of the time? 50% should be something that’s on an epic…

3 Likes

At this point just repeat Mythics.

1 Like

Completely junk mythic!

1 Like

Make it gain attack too.

1 Like

“Create and Explode a Good Gargoyle Gem when my turn begins”

… or a similar variation (“Explode, and then Create,”?) would be a bit more interesting and helpful(?), and still wouldn’t make it a must-have.

This should have been Construct / Giant rather than just Construct… and also just a whole lot better in general.

Such a shame. I believe @Nimhain has to take a look at this issue.