A New Mythic Approaches - Sycorax

I usually joke but for real got it with 50 gem keys. I fear what that’s done to my luck karma.

Seems like a tempting ability. “Choose your own Troll” is a good effect. The price seems steep, though. A lot of popular Trolls have some form of damage reduction so you can put them up-front so they fill quickly. 3 life per turn is no Barkskin, so Sycorax doesn’t really protect itself. That means you’re inclined to put it further back (especially since it’s liable to eat all of the mana it generates), but since it’s also expensive that’s a problem. I want a really good support trait if I’m having to put a troop in the “wrong” slot for its role, and I don’t think Troll Blood is significant enough.

Neat troop, but I think it trips over its own shoelaces? As always I’m sure there’ll be some interesting team with it, but this doesn’t make me say “Wow” and I certainly wouldn’t pay more than $5 to get or max it.

Yeah, her problem as I see it is, she’s meant to fuel others, right? Well, how can she when she’s slow herself? If you get empowered converters to fill her up, then all you have on the team is mana generation :man_shrugging:

If her goal is to loop for herself and fill herself, well—to what end? She doesn’t really do anything, so why would I want her to loop? For extra life over an over? I’m not sure that that’s worth it—more life doesn’t usually help me take down the opponent—but maybe some team will prove me wrong?

Megavore ^^ x 2 - that’s one thing that works well. :slight_smile: I mean so does Ketras, but the mythic itself, ought to get something that does something to the opponent. Maybe a mana steal component. Technically Heroes with Lord of Storms boost it’s magic, while it boosts attack and life. I think they’ve gone another half way house again with the 3rd trait. Scared of doubling up. Dervish works very well but hero is weaker than you’d like there.

Mountain Crush - Monster - Dervish, Hunt, Lightning Strike, Lord of Storms - plus Hero magic 3rd trait.
Syco
2 x Megavore (scales very well with 2 and Dervish 3rd trait, BUT only single target so stealthy stuff can survive)

I’ve tried it with Weaver instead of 2nd MV, that catches more colour, but Weaver does not match Megavore when Syco casts on colour. Gray King works, Tina works, Behemoth works, Elemaugrim works, but first two are vulnerable to freeze and entire team being frozen. Same with Ketras, freeze him, most of team frozen on colour. Queen B also works instead of 2nd MV, but she works everywhere…Maybe Euryali works for once, shares blue with Syco and MV.

Might work with Basil too, boost it with life and cast on blue or brown - also gains from Dervish.

So much junk in Dervish talent tree bar the mentioned.

I can say that it is the one troop that can win vs L&D after 45 minutes… solo, when back two insta die to a double purple fill of L&D and Weaver. Hence the need for purple in the team, which I found out made many 30 minute fights. Once it casts unless you have no other troops, you’ve won, even if rest of team is dead by time cast a couple of times, you can outheal L&D and Weaver and scale attack… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m here to admit Sycorax is not as bad as I’d thought it would be. In fact, I’m having fun with it. Hero with starting Duststorm & 50% start with Mountain Crusher & +2 Brown banner can fill Sycorax pretty quick. And I have’nt miscast on 12+ gems yet. MC + Sycorax + War + Mistralus can loop & kill over & over. Or, swap out Mistralus (or War) for Queen Beetrix for Cleanse (although it’s more risky as Queen B does not always keep the turn).

4 Likes

Syc is a beast. I was doubtful … no more.

2 Likes

Just gonna leave this here. Got 1 copy on release day, then 2 copies together in a 200 gem key pull, so went for the 4th. Best/worst PvP defense ever.

1 Like

Throw Capt Macaw or whatever the name is, for the juicy 50% Mana start for Rogues (and a bit of damage, I guess?)

Sycorax is currently an Elemental/Mystic

Ugh, right, I’m an idiot :man_facepalming:t2:

Was just thinking “Blackhawk = Rogue”

I know first impressions of the new Mythic Troll were somewhat mixed. I love this new Mythic Troll. So strong and fun to loop extra turns. :sunglasses:

I believe you wanted to say “The Maraji Queen”, which gives 50% mana to Elementals.

arround 5k glory keys for me