A New Mythic Approaches - Champion of Anu

First time opening vip keys for me. 100 keys and got nothing. Not even shocktopus to legendary. Such disappointment. First mythic in a long time that I’m not getting on release day.

Spent 2000 Glory keys , 700 gem keys and 150 VIP keys, finally got one, but NOT happy at all. too expensive to obtain the mythic troop… and not even great troop. This is ridiculous !

1 Like

1000 Guild Keys

3 Likes

Tried him with a few different things. Hes okay, but his second trait is a waste because putting him up front pretty much kills your team if you are fighting anything with a generator or mana drainer. Hes the third mythic to use these colors (counting dawnbringer + bard) and the other two cover most situations I’d want better. His disable is strong but very costly and his AoE is mediocre unless you’ve stalled for a very, very long time to boost his magic up. Hes basically a DRACOS slapped together with a weak and somewhat limited AoE troop. The 24 mana is what hurts him the most and makes him hard to function as either a disabler or damage, sacrificing the ability to effectively do either when you really need him to most of the time because generally you won’t get the most out of both. You can get him to work, but it will be slow and not usually worth it at the end of the day, at least for general use (raids/invasion, maybe GW and even then if you have access to Dawnbringer it would be debatable). Half mana start knight or human leader troop would greatly increase his viability, especially if also available on some of the aforementioned modes at the same time, but who knows when that will happen. Most disappointing thing is this takes another color off the table that the hero will be able to passively buff with a trait.

Wish he at least had a status resistance trait instead of Human Shield (hilarious as it may be). Like every other mythic designed to go in the front slot, he tends to drag your entire team down if you actually use him there, so he could at least be a bit more protected. Maybe a Thick Head, Warded, or Indigestible?

tl;dr - Hes alright I guess.

5 Likes

Just give him Impervious for second trait and shuffle Aegis to the first trait. Human Shield is a joke, other mythics have far better first traits than that, it’s pretty laughable when you think about it.

While his first trait is pretty weak, his second trait is above average. I think it balances out. Would happily trade Aegis for Holy Armor and some sort of immunity trait.

I disagree that his second trait is even “above average”. For the most part, traits are good or bad only in the context of the troop that they are on (some things are always good, like offensive/status match traits and links, but would still be much better/worse depending on which troop they are on). Several mythics wouldn’t even be appreciably improved if you swapped one of their weaker traits for Aegis, or even Granite Skin/Unbreakable. Aegis may be a good trait in a vacuum and thematic on this troop, but its still below average trait for his kit.

I tried installing GoW mobile on my phone yesterday. At the end of the tutorial, Luther gives you 3 gem keys. You guessed it- I got CoA with them! Of course it will be ages before he gets traited. But he’s pretty nice to have up front at this stage of the game. I’ve been using him with Goblin, Diviner (yellow creation for CoA), and Banshee (souls for newbie).

6 Likes

I will never understand people’s insistence on depriving themselves of the best weapon in the game. There’s absolutely no logic behind it, whatsoever.

What’s the point of the draining 50 odd mana? Doesn’t his damage increase with the stats increase?

All my resources gone chasing new mythic. Our guild closed portal 10 and I got major orb of clans. Got 1500 seals and on first 50 guild chests I got him! Guess the raid paid off after all lol.

8 Likes

And I will never understand people who do things in their free time which they hate and which they don’t get paid for. :wink: If you had fun grinding those souls, then hey, that’s awesome. I started, made it to a bit over 200k and said “Hahahaha nope, this is not fun, I don’t wanna do this” and so I stopped and gave Pharos-Ra an early retirement. No Dawnbringer for me; my soulcount has steadily been going down, especially with the two new kingdoms.

Once you hit the soul wall it soon goes up. Only then is it easier to chase dawnbringer imo

I use variations of Pharos Ra for PvP. Win rate doesn’t really bothers me (I usually left unwinnable games unless I really need to stay for GW points or boss damage). That way I still get to push up my souls whilst playing different teams around Pharos Ra. I had loads of fun with TDS, Giant Spider, Pharos Ra, Magnus. Time to try it out with CoA.

I redeemed game code from youtube, got one gem key then went to open it and bam got him :star_struck:

17 Likes

Wow, congratulations! There ya go @Tacet ^

3 Likes

Well now raids have finished can anyone explain what the point of gargantaur is? I thought he might have been a niche troop but raids aren’t going to be his forte. Maybe invasions?

The point of Gargantaur is to boost Grosh-Nak’s star rating a little.

5 Likes

Please change his first trait…
I tried some teams with CoA but doesn’t seem useful.

• Looks cool though

Maybe some good synergy with EK would be nice, but the mana cost just isn’t worth the ability.
And the traits are pretty much below average considering other mythic troops.

I’m loving not using him.
Dawnbringer.
Champ of arse
Champ of arse
Champion of arses again.
Shentang flag.