A big 'Thank You' to the developers

You’re a hard person to please… Your points on game design may be valid, though I think you could reconsider how you put them. ‘Lazy’ isn’t a helpful word, especially in regards of a small devs team that we know work really hard…

I share many of your views and concerns on the current meta-game, and agree there’s lots of things that could be improved or rebalanced with work… but… this thread was intended for a rare scene of positivity and thanks, so please let’s keep it to that and use the other 99% of the threads for our complaining…

1 Like

Am I? Actually not at all. As of GoW goes if they just implemented the handful of requests on arena and treasure hunt that keeps th first fresh and the other on the basic playable level – dev effort measurable in days – I’d not bother with complaining on anything else as could just ignore the rest of the game.

I’m certainly hard to please by refusing improvements while taking away from other stuff instead of adding to it. I liked GoW as a strategy game, while it lost most of that shifting to a hoarding sim.

Do you really want discussion sent through a PC filter? LAzy is the established ford for this kind of thing, I didn’t invent it. Look at MPQ for Lazy Thor, Captain and other cards for example. It’s used when a change would need effort on individual level but instead some trivial stock solution is used instead that matches the format only.

Compare design of first 10 levels of cards with the next 10.

Meanwhile if someone takes offense on the regular use of same word – well, they are welcome. Especially as in most situation the lazy changes CAN NOT be well explained by resource shortage. They usually have a more work-economic alternative. Like NOT doing the particular change at all.

We still could have the original 10 levels on the creatures. Did the bump to 15 or now to 20 improved the game play? Not at all. It was made just to incite spending some resources.

On that you’re right certainly, it would be nicer to start yet another bitching topic and put this one on ignore, guilty as charged (with minor lame excuse I didn’t start it just joined in to a valid counter…) So I just shut up here.

Sorry, I didn’t make my main sentiment clear.

I don’t disagree with your points - just felt this was the ONLY thread on the forum where you shouldn’t be posting them - the OP’s intention was to share our warm words of thanks for the hard work we know goes into making this brilliant and often FREE game…

There are lots of threads where we can mourn the demise of the meta-game or post our balance change or new feature requests, or many other complaints and spleen. Just not here. The devs work hard on this and calling them ‘lazy’ doesn’t belong on this thread, even if that wasn’t your intended use of the word.

1 Like

i know people are upset at the new meta-game and as above stated that this thread is for the devs to see how much we love them and for us to show our love fort them. they put in a lot of hard work even if there are parts of it we are not happy about just remember that there are parts that we are and this thread is for all the parts we are happy about. This in no way is to point out the flaws but to glorify the sense of unity that we fans have for playing this game. Yes i am not happy about certain things but i made this thread to mention all the things i do like. People will either evolve in this meta-game and conquer or they will not and be ran over. Those who are begin this game today will be at an advantage because they wont be able to compare it to the previous meta and will learn what is good and what is bad without the stress of being dumped into the deep end of the game. Those at higher levels are feeling the stress because they have been thrown into the deep end and have to figure things out quickly. The story gets harder the higher your level and that seems fair as it rewards lower players and makes them want to play more. I love what the developers did and i want more from them but they have done alot and changed alot and we just started this new meta and it will have its bugs squashed in due time. I love the developers because they are big enough to do things but small enough to listen and worry about their fan base. They are smart and i dont think most of their fans could create as deep a game with so much to ponder as this game. This is not a strategy game and this is not a match three game. This is a card battle game where you can do the match 3 and win or you can use your cards to win or even both.Anything other than love or appreciation for this game or does not belong here but elsewhere in the forums. i made this thread because like it or not no one else might and it was the darkest time for the developers as i noticed them feeling the stress of the release and not getting anything in return. They were getting no love or appreciation for their hard work and if it were me i would have quit the dev team but they havent yet either because some fans have a place to share their happyness for the devs. In a time of hatred this is the place for happyness. When madness is all around there is one sane person. I made this thread at the right time and in the right circumstances for it to be felt the greatest by the dev team and this thread might grow with more happyness as more fans of this game pile in to tell the developers how much they love them. I cant wait to see how much more love the fans can contribute to the devs through this thread.

2 Likes

As the guy who originally responded to the OP I feel I should respond. As there are certain things that need to be said.

1. Traits are amazing for the game. They add depth and will offer the devs a way to truly rebalance cards rather the a broad nerf which will cause out cry. Few people have many but that is the whole point of new content, and I for one am excited.

2. VIP levels are cool. They offer a reward to the players that are paying for the dev and servers, and the transparency of how they work is so honest that it is surprising in a freemium game and incentive to consider supporting. A little concerning though that level 7 VIPs are saying they haven’t noticed a shift in the game, speaks volumes for how level 1 players must be finding it.

3. Kingdom power is great. Who doesn’t like achivements? There’s no point in everything easy, and the rewards are hardly over the top.

4. The bundles seem limited. There is lack of choice now, and considering what could have been done with the new layout, it feels lazy. Lazy, as in rushed for those that take offence at the word. Alot of content has come out, so I’m sure it will get reviewed.

5. The rebalancing has changed the existing content. With an extra 5 high end levels, souls are now at a premium - which is great, as it will promote game play (especially in the arena) and add to the game. The problem is that it came with a devaluing of arena play. The soul prize was cut on half as a part of a rebalance. This rebalance didn’t adjust trophies or gold noticibly and added 1 depowered key. More to the point people don’t play arena for trophies, gold or keys - pvp is better for that. This rebalance means the devs want us to play twice as much arena for the same souls payout. This is not adding anything to the game to move it forward, in fact it’s moving it backwards. It’s like detention. The larger issue is that the benchmark has now changed, no-one considers a level 15 Goblin to be at the top of his game now, and we all have to upgrade our existing teams to keep up with the power creep.

6. Treasure maps are twice as much. Same as souls here - doubling the grind on something and calling it an update is not adding to the game, it’s just lazy. An oversight perhaps, and we can understand it with the amount of content in the update, but undeniably a step backwards for game play.

I queried this topic as it was created moment after the “Transition to Pay to Play” thread got banhammered, and although the tone was a little different, it was stimulating good discussion, and discussion is good for the game.

The number of people who frequent these boards is a fraction of the player base and I love this game and will openly admit I am deeply concerned for the longevity of GOW if it can’t retain players. I went to PAX and saw their booth which was amazing, but as shiny and fancy as it was, it was the people running the booth the enticed me to play as they conveyed a sense of belief and commitment to the game and the community. For that I am most thankful to the team. With out that sense of belief and commitment, this is just another game.

That’s why I play, and that’s why I voice my concerns. I’d be surprised if I was alone.

4 Likes

Nicely said… Even as I fight my urge to poke you for complaining in this thread, I don’t think I should… Well said, many of us will agree…

Thanks for all the work on the soon to be released NEXT one, (unless I lose all my gems due to a weird bug) :wink:

4 Likes